Senior Manager Product Creation Apparel WRKSHP
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Manage strategic and innovative mid-sized projects of global scope in support of the company’s business models and systems as they relate to the product creation and technical infrastructure for Apparel. Take responsibility for the strategy and global framework by driving processes, standards, and methodologies in collaboration with Creation Center teams (Design, Marketing, Product Operations).
- Create and lead a project team and coordinate the activities of product creation Apparel and other functions within Global Operations in projects related to product creation technologies for Apparel.
- Develop, execute, and communicate horizontal projects as they relate to global business needs as well as strategic Brand initiatives.
- Implement new and maintain existing global processes and frameworks as they relate to horizontal product creation themes.
- Collaborate with the vertical Category, Division and Brand partners and/or stakeholders in Marketing, Sourcing to ensure best product and service as it comes to quality and fit at the category level.
- Proactively support strong and cohesive expertise in garment construction technologies related to quality and fit.
- Develop and share industry leading product creation knowledge throughout the adidas Group.
- Work collaboratively with Liaison Offices in development of systems and processes to effectively address critical issues throughout the creation process for Apparel.
- Ensure that projects are executed according to adidas Group accepted standard operating procedures and product standards.
- Align project resources with the vertical business unit counterparts and delegate the workload of respective project work to the project team in a well-balanced manner.
- Transforms ideas or concepts into virtual prototypes, from sample construction and assembly, for later production and guarantees for its proper documentation
- Drives the development of innovative product studies in cooperation with x-functional partners based on market requirements
- Works on an on-going basis on new solutions to reach creative product goals, by using new methods and systems and/or new constructions
- Creates samples and mockups to support the design and development process.
- Operates the latest innovative equipment and machines to create innovative products
- Works with supervisor and business counterparts in evaluating new engineering technologies for their applicability and value to the business, i.e. workmanship workshops
- Maintain all materials and supplies needed for creation of apparel and accessories samples and mockups.
- Organize tool boxes, fill up and prepare material libraries and coordinate capacity/space management under the guidance of Senior Manager
- Perform minor maintenance and repair on shop machinery and equipment
- Effective day-to-day management of projects including all development, reporting and communication of project progress and results.
- Consults and supports creative people/development teams with workmanship solutions regarding industrial production feasibility
- Drives creative workshops and leads basic trainings for the creation center teams and/or external partners.
- Establishes working relationships with internal and external interfaces to support an creative and innovative product creation process
- Increase awareness and understanding of fit and quality drivers within the organization through the education and training of key business counterparts.
- Provide higher level stakeholder communication on an as needed basis throughout the adidas Group.
- Lead project team through effective motivation, training, coaching and development of direct reports including dotted line reports. Support and provide direction to team members as needed on day-to-day issues.
- Allocate/delegate the different projects to the respective teams in considering experience, product complexity and workload and in agreement with their solid line Managers.
- Give regular feedback to Director and report problems arising in current project processes to solve problems and work on future solutions.
- Vertical categories – Marketing, Design, Development
- Horizontal Creation functions – Material Development, Costing
- Horizontal Marketing functions - CTC and Creative Direction
- Manufacturing Partners
- Global Product Creation Stakeholders across all brands
- External CAD and Fit partners
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong technical knowledge in pattern creation technology and grading with the ability to provide effective and cost-efficient pattern solutions and an advanced understanding of apparel construction, material construction and properties related to fit and quality.
- Strong knowledge of relevant domestic and international product industry standards and/or processes, specializing in product engineering, costing, or marketing. Exposure to the latest innovations in materials, trims, production processes, support systems and concepts.
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) and facilitation (small and large groups) skills
- Ability to create, plan and effectively deliver presentations in formal and informal settings
- Ability to manage and motivate a team
- Ability to anticipate problems and develop solutions through to resolution
- Ability to cope with change, make decisions and act comfortably with risk and uncertainty
- Ability to interpret and evaluate designs on model level in regards to pattern execution/engineering
- Consulting and training skills
- Advanced software skills in Gerber or similar CAD programs
- Advanced knowledge in V-Stitcher/CLO3D or similar 3D programs
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Strong IT skills (MS office, PDM, CAD, Illustrator) and ability to work with Product Data Management Systems
- Travel, domestic and international as required by business needs
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four-year college or university degree with emphasis on clothing technology and/or manufacturing
- Minimum 5 years of progressive work experience in garment industry in comparable role
- Experience in managing a team preferred.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at adidas means championing individual uniqueness and cultivating a culture of belonging in which everyone can create at their best. We embrace diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives and seek to create a workforce that reflects our consumers and communities.
- adidas offers robust and progressive medical, including HSA (Health Savings Account) with employer funding or FSA (Flexible Spending Account) options, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, adoption, with surrogate and fertility support,
- Employees are eligible to earn an annual bonus based on both company and personal performance. Employees accrue prorated flexible time off in the amount .4388 hours per day that increases with years of service, eleven paid holidays throughout the calendar year and Service Time Off during milestone years.
- We officially returned to office in a hybrid work environment, working 3 days in office and 2 days remote. The working location of this position is LA
- Though our teammates hail from all corners of the world, our working language is English.