Senior Network Solutions Engineer
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
We are creating the next generation of ADIDAS information networks and systems integrations in our Warehouses and Distribution Centers. This means, creating automation frameworks, deploying new network security models (based on Purdue95 and Micro segmentation), and joining it all together using modern controls like Cisco DNA, ISE and Cybervision.
- Integration of hardware and software solutions required to operate warheouse systems in a modern CISCO network.
- Configuration of security policy, segmentation, and firewall rules
- Creation of supporting architectures, and relevant documentation
- Organization of network project go lives, and execution
You will also be responsible for figuring out how the PHYSICAL components will integrate with APPLICATION layers in our Warehouse and Distribution Centers. This means developing the end to end architecture, method of orchestration, and points of automation that allow us to easily integrate future systems depending on what we deploy..
Emerging technology monitoring
- Supports monitoring of the external environment and assessment of emerging technologies to evaluate the potential impacts, threats, and opportunities to the organization.
- Contributes to the creation of reports, technology road mapping and the sharing of knowledge and insights.
Applies agreed standards and tools, to achieve well-engineered outcomes.
- Participates in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work.
- Designs components using appropriate modelling techniques following agreed architectures, design standards, patterns, and methodology.
- Identifies and evaluates alternative design options and trade-offs.
- Creates multiple design views to address the concerns of the different stakeholders of the architecture and to handle both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Models, simulates, or prototypes the behavior of proposed systems components to enable approval by stakeholders.
- Produces detailed design specification to form the basis for construction of systems.
- Reviews, verifies, and improves own designs against specifications.
- Accepts responsibility for creation of test cases using own in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications (such as reliability, efficiency, usability, maintainability, and portability).
Systems integration and build
- Provides technical expertise to enable the configuration of software, other system components and equipment for systems testing.
- Collaborates with technical teams to develop and agree system integration plans and report on progress.
- Defines complex/new integration builds.
- Identifies and documents system integration components for recording in the configuration management system.
- Recommends and implements improvements to processes and tools.
Release and deployment
- Assesses and analyses release components. Provides input to scheduling.
- Carries out the builds and tests in coordination with testers and component specialists maintaining and administering the tools and methods – manual or automatic - and ensuring, where possible, information exchange with configuration management.
- Ensures release processes and procedures are maintained.
- Implements stakeholder engagement/communications plan.
- Deals with problems and issues, managing resolutions, corrective actions, lessons learned and the collection and dissemination of relevant information.
- Collects and uses feedback from customers and stakeholders to help measure effectiveness of stakeholder management.
- Helps develop and enhance customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Global IT
- Respective business function (GOPS, Finance, HR, Brand Marketing, Wholesale/Retail)
- HR Management
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient spoken and written command of English
- At least 7-year experience in IT
- 5 years of experience in relevant area
- 2 years of experience in team management
- Experience in both Computer Networking and Systems Integration
- CISCO Networking certification or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding & knowledge of regional and global market landscape and the respective customer
- Managed critical elements and cross functional and regional projects.