Technical Product Engineer Footwear - Pattern (m/f/d)
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
We’ll never launch a product unless we consider it perfect. Our product development teams create every shirt, every shoe and every piece of equipment for thousands of athletes and fashion lovers as if it was one of a kind. And it truly is, as they weave their passion into every single product. But translating designs, drawings and renderings into real products requires a lot of decision making.
As Technical Product Engineer Footwear - Pattern you are a key contributor in the footwear product development process by steering the footwear pattern engineering and providing technical consultancy. You will work in strong partnership with footwear developers, technicians, digital experts, material experts as well as marketing, design, quality, sourcing and supply chain.
- Act as a technical consultant to cross functional product creation teams by analyzing designs for manufacturability, production efficiencies, potential functional or quality issues and costing issues and offer alternative, economic and efficient solutions.
- Lead the conversation of design information into a confirmed set of technical data required for the prototyping of uppers, technical components, and bottom unit components.
- Organize and supervise the creation of technical information in collaboration with Tier 1 resources and if applicable adidas employees at the operational center.
- Offer technical solutions to the product team taking into consideration functional requirements of products, adidas quality standards, target costs and manufacturing constraints.
- Facilitate project review meetings with key stakeholders to ensure that each shoe is engineered and constructed to meet adidas quality standards, functional requirements and potential cost opportunities are identified.
- Put the consumer in the center of everything you do and inspire our product creation teams through technical solutions enhancing product sustainability, concept credibility and consumer experience.
- Help to mentor new employees in technical product development by teaching them about adidas specific technical standards, processes and systems related to the tech package creation.
- Increase the speed and efficiency of processes within the team by identifying and eliminating nonvalue adding steps.
- Support and guide junior team members.
- Continuously refresh your knowledge regarding latest technology trends in the field of footwear, engineering systems, prototyping possibilities, and footwear manufacturing.
- Consult and support (digital) creator team on design concepts into technical solutions and manufacturable products.
- Product Development
- Materials Development
- Product Testing
- Digital Creator Team
- Liaison Offices and supply partners (Tier 1 and Tier 2)
- Concept Excellence
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge in mold making and/or shoe making
- Advanced knowledge in shoe making and pattern engineering, preferred Sports industr
- Pattern engineering application Jevero or other comparable application
- Progressive work experience in 2D and 3D CAD applications, Rhino preferred.
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and/or Adobe Photoshop; Microsoft 365
- English language proficiency required (reading and writing); German is an advantage
- Knowledge of current trends in footwear technology; design is an advantage
- Knowledge of technical analytics, digital 2D engineering, 3D modeling as advantage, anatomical knowledge is an advantage
- Deeper knowledge in Materials, compounds Technologies and manufacturing process
- Well organized team player who feels comfortable communicating in an international and diverse environment and work in a fast-changing footwear world
- Continuous learning/growth mindset
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Degree as a shoe technician, orthopedic master shoemaker, industrial master shoemaker, graduate engineer in leather processing and shoe technology or comparable education as Footwear Pattern Engineer, Technical Product Designer
- At least 2 years of work experience in the footwear industry, specializing in Product Development, Manufacturing, or Design