Merchandise Planning Manager (Product Team)
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
- Be the key player to drive category range plans in Hong Kong within guidelines set by Greater China (GCA) BUs and Global
- Responsible for assigned categories range within the country RA based on GCA proposal.
- Work with manager to understand category seasonal strategy / priority.
- Strong understanding of the Hong Kong market landscape, specific channels and category consumers needs.
- Develop quarterly category range plan and assortment plan.
- Perform Category analysis including sell-thru, forecasting, pricing corridor & segmentation compliance, etc.
- Identify potential gaps and make recommendations for improving the assortment for the market.
- Work within E2E calendar timelines & deliverables.
- Propose Hong Kong prices in local currencies, ensuring pricing harmonization.
- Suggest and make inputs in volume forecast and define product mix to achieve margin & Net Sales targets and forecast accuracy.
- Sample feedback and ordering (pre-sell / SMS).
- Ensure global systems are up to date with country/cluster information, i.e. RMA / DMT.
- Local article management + SMUs briefs to GCA BUs as needed/approved.
- Define customer segmentation; Ensure deviations approval on segmentation.
- Gathering collation of market landscape and competition intelligence (category level) - feedback to GCA Concept to Consumer (CTC).
- Article selection for AP into store format framework according to BU range segmentation (width only).
- Mandatory Range guidance and review per segmentation guidelines.
- Deliver Category AP presentations at key GTM milestones as required.
- Work with Brand Activation team on seasonal category brand calendar.
- Prepare & execute key internal meetings such as; Pre-Buy, Final Buy, Monthly Marketing Campaign, Sell Thru etc. based on the aligned deliverables.
- Support in updating on seasonal category strategic plan, support IBP/ SBP process, review performance and ensure consistent evolution of quality of output.
- Category NS, Net margin
- Compliance to range segmentation
- Compliance to price corridor
- Market share
- Brand Director
- GCA BU Team
- Wholesale, OR & eCOM Channel Teams
- Buying Team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- At least 5 years of marketing management experience with a recognized top tier brand, with at least 3 years in product management
- Exposure to other marketing disciplines preferable, e.g. merchandising, brand communication, or sales experience
- Must have the ability to influence others within an organization
- Self-initiative and result-oriented
- Strong analytical & communication skills
- Attention to detail with high level of accuracy
- Willing and able to travel on a regular basis
Industry: Preferably in retail/apparel/ FMCG/White goods
Exposure: Retail / FMCG / Fashion
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree in Business or Marketing preferred
- Min. 5 years relevant working experience preferred
- Fluent in English & Cantonese,
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
- Passion for sports