Analyst Information Security
Analyst Information Security – Security Engineering & Operations
Area: IT – IT Security
GSMS Grade: P1
Number of Personnel Managed: N/A
Cost Center/Budget and/or Revenue Responsibility: TBD
TECH Job Family Information Security
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The innovation, implementation and operation of security controls, detection and monitoring capabilities coupled with the management strategies to maintain the security, confidentiality, integrity, availability, accountability and relevant compliance of information systems with legislation, regulation and relevant standards.
- Support Implementation and operationalization of security-focused tools and services.
- Support Implementation of continual improvement and innovation of security-focused tools and services.
- Provide support for the Implementing, managing, monitoring, and upgrading security measures for the protection of the organization's data, systems, and networks.
- Ensuring that the organization's data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls.
- Provide contribution to security strategies to manage identified risks and ensure adoption and adherence to standards.
- Participating in the change management process
- Contributes to development of information security policy, standards and guidelines.
- Understanding of more than one of the following domains: Cloud Security, EDR, SOAR.
- Actively maintains reasonable knowledge in one or more identifiable specialisms.
- Provides definitive advice in their specialist area(s).
- Supports the development and sharing of specialist knowledge within the organization.
- Applies standard methods to collect and analyses quantitative and qualitative data.
- Ability to translate reporting outputs into business actionable strategies.
- Maintains security administration processes and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures.
- Provides guidance in defining access rights and privileges.
- Support the Investigation of security breaches in accordance with established procedures and recommends required actions and.
- Works according to stakeholder engagement/communications plan.
- Deals with problems and issues, managing resolutions, corrective actions, lessons learned and the collection and dissemination of relevant information.
- Helps develop and enhance customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Earn trust and maintain strong working relationships with respective operational stakeholders.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree with focus on Information Security or IT related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient spoken and written command of English
- At least 3-year experience in IT
- 1 years of experience in relevant area