Manager Product Owner Logistics - temp until 31.12.2024 (m/f/d)
Temp until 31.12.2024
As a Product Owner Inbound Logistics, you are responsible to develop and enhance capabilities for the transportation of finished goods from factory until delivery to destination (DC, Customer) in the most cost-effective way supporting OTA performance.
- Translating strategic direction & demand into a domain strategy and product portfolio which is well-balanced between solving operational problems (12-month horizon) and enabling future readiness (3+ years horizon)
- Executing product ownership for all digital products in the domain.
- Executing business process ownership on an operational level.
- Provisioning of change management & support for these processes & the related systems.
As a Product Owner at S&P SCM Products, you are responsible for the quality and strategic impact of small or medium digital (sub)product. Together with your agile team(s) you work on continuously improving and evolving the product in order to maximize the value for all internals customers.
Partnering with IT and internal stakeholders to define a robust product backlog, managing capability expansion increments and leading the team towards definition of new functionalities & best practices are a few examples of the activities that will be expected from this role. Additionally, you will be cooperating with various internal stakeholders (including global SCM functions, Market SCM teams as well as adjacent Global teams such as Finance & Sourcing) to drive user engagement and satisfaction, as well as ensuring future readiness.
Scope: Accountable for a digital (sub) product of medium complexity
- Product Strategy & Delivery
- Be accountable for the product success considering the value for the consumer and the company (ROI).
- Specify the product roadmap as well as user stories considering the value for the user community and the company.
- Be responsible for product delivery in line with the roadmap and committed delivery dates.
- Identify and solve dependencies with other product owners to ensure efficient delivery. Coordinate interfaces between different product teams.
- Stakeholder Management
- Represent the business for the (sub) product, fostering strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that their views and requirements are captured in the product backlog.
- Backlog Management
- Support prioritization of the items in your product backlog. Specify the definition-of-done in cooperation with the product team(s).
- Own the refinement of your product backlog to ensure that the product team(s) is/are delivering the right enhancements to drive consumer and business value.
- Provide acceptance for delivered backlog items by the team, in line with the definition-of-done.
- Support monitoring, optimization and enhancement of the configuration, features and functionalities related to the product.
- Use data sources and feedback loops to ensure the team focuses on the right enhancements.
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Expert level domain knowledge
- Basic leadership skills are a plus
- Basic experience with enterprise-level platforms and technologies
- Basic understanding of IT products and capabilities
- Good communication skills and facilitation skills especially when interacting with different levels of business
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with different international cultures
- Ability to travel, domestic or international, as required
- Fluent English (verbal and written)
- Excellent presentation skills
- University degree in business administration or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience working in Supply Chain / IT
- Experience as a Product Owner in at least one product area or domain
- Market experience preferred
- Experience in working with stakeholders and experts at various organizational levels