Senior DevOps Engineer - Dashboard
Adjust, an AppLovin (NASDAQ: APP) company, is trusted by marketers around the world to measure and grow their apps across platforms, from mobile to CTV and beyond. Adjust works with companies at every stage of the app marketing journey, from fast-growing digital brands to brick-and-mortar companies launching their first apps. Adjust’s powerful measurement and analytics suite provides visibility, insights and essential tools that drive better results.
Our global team is composed of team members with life experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives that mirror our customers around the world. We seek outstanding candidates who demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through continuous learning and skill-building. We aim to support each other to ensure equitable and inclusive experiences, furthering our goal to create a culture of belonging that values the contributions of all team members.
We're proud to have received several awards in Summer 2022, including G2's Easiest Setup, Easiest Admin, Leader, and Easiest To Do Business With. Our CPO was also honored with a Top Women in Media Award, and we were named the Best Overall Mobile Marketing Solution of 2022. These accolades are a testament to the excellence and innovation of our award-winning company.
Get to know Engineering/ The Department
Our Engineering department is the dynamic powerhouse behind Adjust's cutting-edge technologies. Through seamless collaboration with our Product and Support teams, we transform concepts into tangible, customer-centric solutions with a strong sense of ownership and an unwavering commitment to excellence. Get ready to witness the magic of our Engineering Department.
Make an Impact/ The role:
We are seeking a DevOps engineer with either of the following backgrounds:
- A cloud engineer with Ruby experience and an interest in developing their Ruby skills further
- A devops engineer with experience working in both cloud and on-premise environments
In this role, you will join the Dashboard Backend team, which has complete ownership of the development process as well as direct impact on our product, user experience and technology choices in the team. This team is responsible for the Ruby microservices and monolithic Rails applications that power our dashboard and user management system. You will drive the continuous improvement of development and release tooling and operations in the Dashboard team and manage our AWS cloud environments. Depending on your profile, you will also either contribute to the development and maintenance of our Ruby services, or support our efforts to move test environments from AWS to a Kubernetes-based on-premise environment.
Empower Your Potential/ Responsibilities:
- Innovate in the creation of tooling to continually improve Dashboard Backend development experience and velocity, including improving the deployment of our services to bare metals servers
- Manage the delivery and operations of Dashboard's backend services infrastructure and release pipelines to ensure they meet organizational needs
- Manage Dashboard testing environments, currently in AWS, for feature branch testing, staging, and QA
- Work closely with the QA team to streamline the Dashboard Backend testing process using cloud based tooling
- Support the development team by upgrading and optimizing Dashboard infrastructure using IaaC
- Take ownership of the system health, monitoring and performance
You will also have one of the following sets of responsibilities depending on your background and interest:
- If you have Ruby experience and seek to develop your Ruby skills:
- Design, develop, improve and maintain Rails applications and microservices
- Follow best practices (e.g. test driven development, refactoring and continuous integration to ensure high code quality and fast deployment
- If you have both cloud and on-premise devops experience:
- Work closely with platform engineers and cloud engineers from other teams to:
- Drive forward the development of the on-premise Kubernetes cluster and deployment of Dashboard services within that cluster
- Migrate our preproduction environment from the cloud to an on-premise Kubernetes cluster
Bring Your Knowledge/ Experience & Qualifications:
- 4+ years of devops experience in a cloud environment
- 1+ years of experience with application development in Ruby/Ruby on Rails, or
- 2+ years of experience working in a devops role in an on-premise environment
- Knowledgeable in or familiar with:
- AWS, Kubernetes and containerization
- Github Actions (or similar CI/CD platforms)
- PostgreSQL (or any relational SQL)
- Knowledge of DevOps principles, and experience with software development and quality assurance processes.
- Great team player who loves to share knowledge and support colleagues within the team and the company
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Terraform, Jenkins, Ansible, ArgoCD
Enhance Your Experience / Perks & Benefits:
- Opportunity to make an impact on the ad-tech industry working for a forward-thinking leader in the space
- International, diverse teams with a strong focus on transparency, feedback and fun
- Education opportunities for ongoing professional development & continuous learning
- Company onboarding program where you’ll learn the ins-and-outs of our product with your fellow newbies
- Flexible workplace policy, allowing you to work either from home or our office space
- Generous vacation policy with flexible vacation days
- Childcare program (Berlin only), paid parental leave
- Additional private health insurance
- Company Pension Plan with 40% employer contribution
- English & German classes to enhance your collaboration with global colleagues and friends
- Discounted Gym Membership with Urban Sports Club
- Free annual BVG transportation ticket
- Wellbeing support with qualified therapists
- WFH program with remote online events (workouts, coffee chats, team events, games, etc.)
More details about our company culture and perks can be found on our career page.
Interested? Let's Talk!
We understand that imposter syndrome may sometimes hinder exceptional candidates from applying. So, don't hold back—apply with confidence! We're excited to hear from you and can't wait to chat!
Equal opportunity employer
Adjust is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We champion a diverse and inclusive culture in all of our offices around the globe. We understand that all candidates are individuals with unique backgrounds and talents. At Adjust, we assess candidates on qualifications, merit and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you see a position that excites you, please apply! We would love to have you join us in our mission to build a global tech company where we're all proud to belong to.