Generative AI Strategist, Generative AI Innovation Center
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated business-oriented technologists who possess a unique balance of business knowledge, effective interpersonal skills, and some technological depth in the following areas: analytics/big data, machine learning and generative artificial intelligence. This role will focus on supporting customers looking to enhance their business or operational outcomes through the use of advanced and emerging technologies.
You will partner with customers, AWS Sales, AWS service teams, AWS industry teams and AWS Professional Services delivery teams to craft industry-specific programs that will serve the needs of the customer, and extend that use to other customers within the industry and related industries. You will leverage and refine a programmatic approach to help customers drive their business metrics across a set of industry-specific needs. As a trusted customer advocate, the Generative AI Strategist will assess and deliver best practices around program delivery, project approaches, and business measurement. The ability to connect business value to a scalable, repeatable, extensible approach is critical to the Strategist role.
Key job responsibilities
• Bring alignment between customer’s technologists and business leads; help them to explore the art of the possible with generative AI and machine learning, and to develop a roadmap to deliver business value in the most effective way
• Discuss complex industry-specific business concepts with executives, line managers and technologists
• Engage with various AWS teams, including applied scientists, solutions architects, business development, marketing, industry specialists, partners and regional organizations
• Drive large, complex sales opportunities from ideation, through vision building and scoping, all the way to closure and into delivery
• Conduct workshop sessions to identify opportunities with our customers to scope how they could deliver business value through the use of generative AI or machine learning
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA | Seattle, USA | Washington, DC, USA
- Bachelor's degree, or 7+ years of professional or military experience
- 5+ years of experience in the industry as a ML practitioner or executive
- Experience participating in the sales lifecycle (directly or indirectly)
- Experience in management consulting or related work
- Experience launching technically complex programs, projects, or related work that include the following: big data, analytics, artificial intelligence, and machine learning
- Experience with writing communications such as strategy papers or white papers
- Participated in the product management and marketing lifecycles (directly or indirectly)
- Experience with presenting to audiences of 5 to 50 people of various levels (developers to executives) and backgrounds (business, technical, operations)
- Passion for educating, training, designing, and building solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from midsized organizations to Fortune 100 customers
- Advanced degree desired (e.g., MBA, MS)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $122,900/year in our lowest geographic market up to $239,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.