Software Development Manager, Ads Core Services (ACS) Fraud and Abuse
We are looking for a rockstar Software Development Manager with incredible leadership qualities to lead a team of software development engineers that are at the forefront of innovation - building highly scalable technology solutions that will help us keep advertisers and Amazon safe from fraud and abuse.
Key job responsibilities
* Directly manage engineering team to deliver fraud and abuse technical solutions. Assure designs and deliverables meet product / business requirements and timelines.
* Define team priorities and make both tactical and strategic tradeoffs to deliver on behalf of your customers.
* Drive technical vision and roadmap execution. Develop both short and longer-term plans among team and ensure key stakeholder alignment.
* Work closely with senior engineers to drive architectural decisions and develop the most feasible and scalable technical design.
* Prioritize operational excellence. Lead team to set structure and best practices for testing software defects, code reviews, document, and maintaining software.
* Coach and mentor engineers to advance their careers; encourage them to contribute to cross-team technical discussions, and empower them to make decisions.
* Work closely with product manager to develop fraud and abuse product vision, strategy and roadmap, and with program manager to project plan and deliver roadmap.
* Work closely with data scientist to advance fraud and abuse machine learning capabilities, and set up dashboards to track team-level and key metrics.
* Handle most problems, decisions, and escalations with limited guidance. Ability to effectively prioritize and triage on issues and solutions per customer and cross-team impact.
About the team
Amazon Ads operates at the intersection of eCommerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital advertising solutions to help our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. The Advertising Fraud and Abuse program’s mission is to defend against bad actors who intend to cause advertisers or Amazon financial or reputational harm. We work to deliver across three strategic pillars: 1) Prevention — proactive controls to prevent bad actors from entering our Advertising platforms; 2) Mitigation — model and systems detection and ongoing monitoring to detect fraudulent or abusive behaviors, detection and enforcement.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- 3+ years of engineering team management experience
- 7+ years of working directly within engineering teams experience
- 3+ years of designing or architecting (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- 8+ years of leading the definition and development of multi tier web services experience
- Knowledge of engineering practices and patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, certification, and livesite operations
- Experience partnering with product or program management teams
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior leadership to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience in recruiting, hiring, mentoring/coaching and managing teams of Software Engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $148,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $287,700/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.