Executive Assistant , Software Builder Foundations
This role will support a VP and a Director in the Amazon Software Builder Experience (ASBX) organization. The successful candidate will possess solid organizational skills, as well as the ability to meet tight deadlines while juggling multiple critical requests across global teams. The Executive Assistant will act as a seamless extension of the executives supported and will work closely with other Executive Assistants throughout Amazon. The ideal candidate will be a detail oriented, experienced planner with the demonstrated ability to respond effectively and efficiently while maintaining flexibility, composure and a good sense of humor.
The individual in this role must understand business priorities, demonstrate the ability to proactively anticipate needs and drive improvements to build capacity for the leadership team. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information as well as professionalism in dealing with senior executives inside and outside of the company is critical. The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete complex tasks quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and take effective action without having to know the whole picture. The ideal candidate must be able to work successfully in a team environment and build effective working relationships inside and outside the group.
Key job responsibilities
- Manage complex calendar and scheduling to support teams in multiple time zones
- Manage domestic and international travel
- Manage expense report coordination and submission
- Organize, execute, and assist with team activities (staff meeting agendas, all-hands meetings, off-sites, and team social events). This includes acting the site lead for coordination of team events and office planning for ASBX’s US East Coast-based staff
- Track and help drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items
- Act as a liaison for direct reports
- Manage team space, including moves and reconfigurations
- Work closely with the leadership team, recruiting and other Executive Assistants to provide support to the organization
- Document writing, editing, and readiness
- Have fun at work and help others do the same
About the team
Our team’s mission is to make Amazon the best place on earth for software builders to innovate for customers, as well as to build their careers. We will accomplish this mission through reducing undifferentiated work, building world-class tools, providing growth opportunities, and championing software builder experience across the company.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- 5+ years of senior level leadership support, or 3+ years of Amazon experience
- High school or equivalent diploma
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and applications
- Experience leading process improvements
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-tech company
- Experience designing processes to maximize efficiency
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $59,400/year in our lowest geographic market up to $142,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.