Security Engineering Manager, Vulnerability Initiatives
Amazon Security is seeking a Security Engineering Manager to join the Vulnerability Management and Remediation (VMR) team. The VMR team is responsible for the discovery, assessment, triage, and remediation of vulnerabilities across Amazon. We are data-driven, set big goals, and are always challenging ourselves and each other to identify better solutions and take on new challenges. Our team offers the unique opportunity to work with leading industry security experts and engage across Amazon teams and leadership.
As a Security Engineering Manager for the VMR Initiatives team, you will lead a team of security engineers responsible for developing unique and innovate solutions to improve vulnerability management processes across the global Amazon ecosystem.
Key job responsibilities
- Build and develop a team of Security Engineers responsible for the innovation and development solutions aimed at improving vulnerability management processes.
- Collaborate with partner security and development teams on inventing ways to deliver capabilities that are timely, accurate, comprehensive, and safe.
- Collaborating with security partners to prioritize development efforts and respond to emerging needs.
- Continuously improve processes and mechanisms.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Cybersecurity or related technical degree; or 4+ years equivalent technology experience
- 7+ years experience managing complex, multi-workflow, large-scale security or engineering programs.
- 5+ years managing, building, and developing security engineering or software development teams.
- 5+ years experience across information and cyber security domains, including hands-on security engineering experience.
- Ability to communicate (written/verbal) with diverse stakeholders across multiple levels and technical and non-technical domains.
- Experience in vulnerability management.
- Experience driving software engineering best practices.
- Experience with AWS services.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $140,100/year in our lowest geographic market up to $272,400/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.