Principal Product Manager Tech, Amazon Financials Foundation Services (AFFS)
The Amazon Financials Foundation Services (AFFS), a division within Amazon’s eCommerce Services Organization (eCS) is leading innovation in business systems integration and defining the future of financial accounting at Amazon scale. Our systems are advancing one of the world's most scalable, reliable, and secure e-commerce ecosystem and responsible for processing hundreds of billions of dollars in transactions, in multiple currencies and countries. We are at the center of Amazon’s key initiatives and fueling the growth of Amazon’s businesses worldwide by constantly raising the bar on the speed at which business teams can integrate with our systems. We are working on leveraging AI/ML techniques (including unsupervised techniques and Large-Language-Models) to reduce the time Finance Operations teams and Accountants spend time on monthly financial data analysis process.
As a Principal Product Manager - Technical, you will be responsible for driving product strategy for next-generation cloud-based ERP financials and accounting products with consumer-like, intuitive end-user experiences that leveraging AI/ML techniques (including Large-Language-Models). You will drive the strategy for financial data modeling, standardization and implementation. The role is a hybrid of having deep technical knowledge on ERP products, financial and accounting domain and driving all facets of product strategy, analysis, design and delivery.
The right candidate will possess a strong product management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large ERP products.
Key job responsibilities
- Driving product strategy, roadmap, and business plan for next-generation cloud-based ERP financials and accounting products
- Drive the strategy for leveraging AI/ML techniques (including Large Language-Models) into various aspects of financials and accounting.
- Drive product requirements for consumer-like, intuitive end-user experiences for financials products.
- Be a passionate advocate for the customer; understand and articulate customer needs, leverage internal knowledge and expertise and external market research, and prioritize requirements
- Inspire the team with the product vision, and work cross-functionally to bring that vision to life
- Write requirements documents, help define use cases and CX, and own the business metrics and KPIs for your products and services
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience technical product management
- Demonstrated experience driving product strategy for financials and accounting ERP products.
- Demonstrated experience driving consumer-like, intuitive end-user experiences for financials products
- Demonstrated experience driving the strategy for financial data modeling, standardization and implementation.
- Experience working directly with Engineers on product enhancements
- Experience in project management methodologies, business analysis, or process improvement
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $144,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $279,900/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.