Senior Software Development Engineer - Sponsored Display - Amazon Advertising
Calling all inventors! We are looking for high caliber Software Development Engineers to join a new advertising program with strategic significance and high exposure. In this initiative we will tackle some of the most exciting problems in ad tech, software architecture design, and building highly scalable services.
Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of eCommerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital display advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers of all types to reach Amazon customers on Amazon.com, across our other owned and operated sites, on other high quality sites across the web, and on millions of Kindles, tablets, and mobile devices. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you’re interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you’ve come to the right place.
About our team:
Sponsored Display (SD) is Amazon Advertising’s first self-service display advertising offering. It empowers any advertiser – regardless of budget size, advertising experience, or technical expertise – to set up display campaigns that show ads on key placements across Amazon websites and apps (Amazon.com, Twitch, IMDb), devices (Kindle, Fire Tablet, Fire TV, Echo), third party websites (e.g., nytimes.com) and mobile apps.
Our team is responsible for building a new advertising product for non-endemic advertisers. We are tasked with taking this start-up offering to market, with the goal of empowering over one million non-endemic advertisers to independently plan and execute campaigns. “Non-endemic” brands offer products and services that are not sold/available in Amazon’s retail marketplace, including restaurants, hotels, airlines, insurance, telecom, and automobiles. We are embarking on a multi-year vision to democratize display advertising for non-endemic advertisers at self-service scale. This will open up Amazon Ads to self-service non-endemic demand— whether they sell on the Amazon store or not— to activate Amazon Ads first-party audiences built from shopping and streaming signals and access unique ad inventory to help grow their business
Open to hire in NYC or Seattle.
Key job responsibilities
As a software engineer in performance advertising, you will:
- Own the design and delivery of software services and website stacks that entail engaging creatives, cross-screen placements, targeting, optimization, relevancy, and advertiser experiences.
- Build brand new distributed software applications using cloud services and Amazon proprietary technologies to deliver these unique customer and advertiser experiences.
- Interface with teams across Amazon in discovery, retail category, traffic generation, vendor management, and analytics, among many others. This is a great opportunity to learn many facets of advertising and retail and understand how they come together, equipping you with the skills to grow your career.
- Experiment, innovate, and deliver in a fast, agile, and reliable manner with high quality and low technical debt. You should be passionate about building, improving, and championing the product, and a strong sense of ownership is a must.
- Work with product managers, software development managers, software development engineers, and quality assurance engineers to raise the bar on product and technical quality.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 5+ years of programming with at least one software programming language experience
- 5+ years of leading design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead or leading an engineering team
- 5+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $134,500/year in our lowest geographic market up to $261,500/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.