Software Development Engineer , Stores Security
Would you like to help one of AWS’s largest customers - Amazon - to architect and build its next generation of security detection capabilities? We process 2.5trillion events/day and process about 9PB data/day. We are just getting started... And, you will work with customers and peers from the entire range of Amazon's business on cool new features. Whether you're passionate about building highly scalable and reliable systems in the cloud or a software developer who likes to solve business problems, Stores Security is the place for you.
The Stores Security is responsible for the protection of customer and corporate data. We're connected to all parts of Amazon's business and it’s massive, worldwide service-oriented architecture. We enable the Amazon business to build, architect and operate their enterprise scale systems securely on AWS. We are looking for a Software Development Engineer who is excited about leading the technical vision and architecture for mission critical systems that connect Amazon developers and services with AWS’s cloud platform. Our problem space presents the opportunity to innovate in areas such as enterprise scale resource management in the cloud, real time cloud intelligence and detection, and building systems that make it easy for service owners to establish functional and secure network connectivity, regardless of where their service or dependencies are hosted.
You will partner with the leadership team to drive key engineering and business decisions that will influence and impact Amazon’s software stack on AWS. You will also have the unique opportunity to provide inputs to the next generation of AWS services by representing one of its largest enterprise customers, Amazon.
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to all parts of the software development and deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. They must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. They need to really enjoy working closely with their peers in a group of very talented engineers.
Key job responsibilities
- Manage critical components of our threat detection platform-UnifiedSpyHawk that processes millions of messages in a day
- Think big; bring fresh ideas and approaches to improve efficiency of security engineering community
- Evaluate different design choices, prototype new technology, and implement technical solutions that address business requirements
- Contribute in defining product roadmap, understand business impact of system choices, and make technical trade-offs using sound judgement
- Work closely with product leadership, security partners to understand the requirements, design and deliver innovative solutions to raise bar on customer trust.
- Drive engineering best practices around operational excellence, security, test automation coverage and set standards in the team
- Deal with ambiguity, make data-driven decisions and juggle cross-organization complexity
- Drive consensus when confronted with discordant views by identifying the best path forward and influence other to follow it
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Austin, TX, USA | New York, NY, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $115,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $223,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.