Sr. Software Dev Engineer, Amazon Software Builder Experience, Amazon Software Builder Insights (ASBI)
Are you excited about the prospect of making it easier for builders to innovate and create great software? If so, Amazon Software Builder Experience (ASBX) may be the place for you. ASBX has the mission of creating the world’s best builder experience across tens of thousands of software engineers across both Amazon and AWS.
The Software Builder Insights team works at the core of ASBX, shaping what it means to create the world’s best software builder experience. How do we reduce friction and toil for builders, enabling them to have more time to build features and capabilities that will delight Amazon’s customer? Where should we invest in tooling, automation, knowledge discovery, training, etc. to create the biggest benefits for builders? Where will standardization help—and where we should we avoid it—to make ownership easier and more empowering for builders? These are just a few of the challenges we are tackling right now.
As a Sr. Software Development Engineer on the Software Builder Insights team, you will take ownership over the software design, documentation, development, delivery and support of a new analytical data ecosystem built in AWS. You will build systems capable of big data ingestion, normalization, validation, storage, analytics, search, batch and soft real-time publishing to name a few. Privacy and Security will be paramount design considerations on the solutions you will build.
A successful Software Development Engineer will have a broad array of experiences, exceptional design skills, an excellent ability to solve problems, good communication skills and a desire to be a key technical contributor. The software you will be responsible for will require a breadth of technical development knowledge (i.e. distributed systems, search indices, big data, orchestration software, analytics software). Daily work will involve interacting with other engineers, scientists, stakeholders and managers.
Key job responsibilities
* Own the overall platform architecture.
* Collaborate with software engineers, scientists and data engineers to build solutions to vend analytics to other services like data lakes, back-end and front-end applications.
* Work closely with other engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
* Ensure that technical decisions are made with a balance between strategic and tactical perspectives.
* Mentor engineering team members.
* Define, implement and measure operational and business KPIs.
About the team
The Software Builder Insights team believes "Are Right, A Lot" means listening to diverse points of view and building a culture of inclusivity where every team member can contribute. It's only when we work together and include everyone that the best ideas can shine through, and that's when we have the most impact for our customers. You can let your Ownership shine on this team! - we wear different hats, getting involved with product strategy, building infrastructure, and everything in between. We have an innate desire to Learn & Be Curious and Dive Deep as engineers and Amazonians.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 5+ years of programming with at least one software programming language experience
- 5+ years of leading design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead or leading an engineering team
- 5+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- 5+ years of experience with data analytics, data transformations, building scalable data ingestion pipelines and producing near real-time data and metrics for customers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $134,500/year in our lowest geographic market up to $261,500/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.