Senior Software Engineer, Brand Measurement
Do you want to build new products from the ground up using the latest technology and AWS offerings? Do you want to work with the largest datasets on Amazon? We are building new measurement products to help brands grow on Amazon. Our products are featured in Amazon conferences and keynote speeches and are ground breaking in the industry. As senior engineer on Brand Metrics team, you will work with a collaborative and entrepreneurial team and will be encouraged to invent on behalf of our customers and will have visibility across senior leaders and engineers.
Key job responsibilities
About the team
We care about career growth as well work-life balance. We strive to provide engineers with opportunities that require learning new topics and new skills and surrounding them with like-minded strong engineers
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 5+ years of programming with at least one software programming language experience
- 5+ years of leading design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead or leading an engineering team
- 5+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, operations experience, and a preference for agile processes and working methodology.
- Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, bias for action, urgency, and drive
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop or any other distributed data processing engine
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services
- Experience in SQL and data modeling skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $134,500/year in our lowest geographic market up to $261,500/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.