Sr. Program Manager, PMO, Transportation Engineering Services
As a Senior Program Manager in the Transportation Engineering Services (TES) Project Management Office (PMO) Team, you will provide programmatic support to Amazon Logistics (AMZL) and Amazon Extra Large – Special Handling Heavy/Bulky (AMXL) Pre-Construction and Construction management teams. You will partner with internal and external stakeholders to support expansion and optimization of the transportation network, including launches of new buildings as well as retrofits of the existing network. You own program strategy, proactively identify risks and solve ambiguous problems, streamline processes and foster innovation, escalate as appropriate to ensure on-time delivery of planned projects, and apply process improvement methodologies to drive the vision of the program. Key competencies of this position include managing the lifecycle of complex cross-functional programs, scoping efforts, defining strategic objectives and milestones, and driving execution of concurrent projects in a safe, sustainable, and inclusive manner.
Key job responsibilities
• Own and manage the lifecycle of new and existing programs/initiatives, successfully delivering concurrent complex projects aligned with business objectives
• Engage the right stakeholders, customers, and partner teams to communicate with and impact critical business initiatives, and craft and deliver cross-functional, scalable solutions
• Develop, implement, and govern KPI (Key Performance Indicators) reporting for a portfolio of programs, providing visibility to stakeholders on program performance, and use this data to drive business decisions
• Help partner and stakeholder teams make trade-offs by considering the impact to the business and customer (e.g., customer experience, quality, efficiency, etc.)
• Proactively identify opportunities to continuously improve program quality, efficiency and operational excellence
A day in the life
A day in the life of the PMO may include coordinating with stakeholders, tracking progress against business goals and metrics, and managing program initiatives. You will represent TES, ensuring the safe, on-time, and in-budget execution of Amazon design and construction projects. Daily tasks may be comprised of coordinating with cross-functional partners on project status and projected changes, ensuring stakeholders are meeting their agreed upon milestones, seeking sustainable, environmentally-friendly solutions throughout the process, and utilizing Amazon tools to record and manage program progress and other key developments.
About the team
At Amazon, we are all Owners and leverage unique opportunities presented to us by owning everything from design through construction execution, and final hand-off to our customers. Transportation Engineering Services (TES) supports the expansion of Amazon’s transportation network by managing the construction of new buildings and performing retrofits, expansions, and initiatives on the existing network. TES team members are a diverse, energetic, creative, and vocally self-critical team of engineers and managers working daily to develop the innovative physical assets our customers expect.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | Atlanta, GA, USA | Austin, TX, USA | Bellevue, WA, USA | Houston, TX, USA | Irvine, CA, USA | Nashville, TN, USA | New York, NY, USA | San Francisco, CA, USA | Tempe, AZ, USA
- 6+ years of program or project management experience
- Experience using data and metrics to determine and drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Transportation Logistics, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in program management, logistics, operations, supply chain, or transportation or equivalent professional or military experience
- Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Transportation Logistics, or related field
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in effective communication of goals and strategies across multiple leadership levels of an organization
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple competing projects and priorities simultaneously
- Ability to handle changing priorities in a fast-paced environment and use good judgment when working in stressful and ambiguous situations
- Proven ability to influence internal/external stakeholders without authority to adopt new processes/initiatives
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $92,500/year in our lowest geographic market up to $185,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.