Software Development Engineer, Ads Core Services (ACS)
Advertisers will spend tens of billion dollars this year leveraging Amazon advertising this year to help grow their business. We are looking for exceptional software engineers to build the next generation of tools these advertisers depend on to control their advertising efforts across multiple ad products in the Amazon Advertising portfolio. As part of the self-service advertising products organization our team focuses on the 80% of advertisers that are small and medium size businesses and deliver simple, intuitive solutions for helping them grow their reach and sales.
This important work requires that we build redundant, highly available systems that scale massively to ensure our advertisers can enhance discoverability for all the products they sell online and connect Amazon customers with sellers and selection anywhere in the world. We are increasingly focused on helping our advertisers reach new markets and build a strong brand presence which means we must think globally and be strategic about how we build our software to operate 24/7/365 in over 20 countries.
The Ads Core Services (ACS) team develops core services for Advertiser Identity and Access Management, Ad Catalog Service, Ad Serving, Clicks Ingestion, Budgeting, Metering & Billing, that underpin advertising programs such as Sponsored Products and Sponsored Brands. The Advertising Campaign Storage Service Stores Ads catalog and notifies downstream systems such as Ad Server, Search Index about any changes in real-time. We handle millions of requests and process billions of events daily and are building the next-generation system to support low-latency Catalog Data Access Service, a highly available/scalable Storage layer and a real-time streaming publishing.
We manage the end-to-end lifecycle of Advertiser Account Management including Registration and granular access control. We are working on the next-generation of Identity and Access Management (IAM) service. The Ad Serving system is a large scale, distributed, and highly available system that hosts specialized logic of sourcing, relevance using machine learning models while maintaining a low-latency within milliseconds supporting multiple ad products. The Clicks and Impressions Ingestion systems store data streams (such as request to serve an ad, impression and click) and own traffic intelligence with subsequent big data ingestion. We process tens of billions of requests per daily, cleanse the incoming raw data, discard robotic and other low quality traffic sources, apply business logic and perform various transforms to ease large scale Analytics processing. The Advertiser Billing systems own end-to-end Billing function with real-time data ingestion pipeline, Billing adjustment, Promotions, Invoicing and Tax integration and Fraud Management. The Advertiser Budget Management System own end-to-end ad campaign budgeting and spends management. We process millions of events daily to provide budget capping at multiple levels via different budgeting policies and are working on building the next gen budgeting system to support low latency, highly available/scalable data processing systems. The systems are pushing boundaries in terms of scale of storage, data processing and real-time propagation.
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
Our systems power a high-growth advertising business. We serve and respond to hundreds of billions of requests annually, and know that will grow by number several orders of magnitude in the next 24 months. Our systems and algorithms operate on one of the world's largest product catalogs and we routinely process massive datasets using variety of distributed frameworks.
Key job responsibilities
As a software engineer in Ads Core Services, you will:
- Own the design and delivery of software services and website stacks that entail engaging creatives, cross-screen placements, targeting, optimization, relevancy, and advertiser experiences.
- Build brand new distributed software applications using cloud services and Amazon proprietary technologies to deliver these unique customer and advertiser experiences.
- Interface with teams across Amazon in Advertising, retail category, traffic generation, vendor management, and analytics, among many others. This is a great opportunity to learn many facets of advertising and retail and understand how they come together, equipping you with the skills to grow your career.
- Experiment, innovate, and deliver in a fast, agile, and reliable manner with high quality and low technical debt. You should be passionate about building, improving, and championing the product, and a strong sense of ownership is a must.
- Work with product managers, software development managers, software development engineers, and quality assurance engineers to raise the bar on product and technical quality.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $115,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $223,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.