Sr. Software Engineer, Kindle Manga
Do you love Manga or Comics? Are you interested in creating a great customer experience for Amazon’s Manga business? If so, read on! The JP Manga business focuses on creating a great customer experience for Manga fans to discover, acquire and read both physical as well as digital Manga.
You will own Manga services and features on Amazon JP website across all platforms (desktop, mobile browser, mobile shopping app). A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences as well as backend services, a strong technical ability, mentoring, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
Key job responsibilities
- Own the design, development and delivery of innovative customer facing features on the Amazon.co.jp retail website.
- Be responsible for designing the end-2-end architecture of highly scalable software solutions.
- Work closely with product and business stakeholders to deliver best-in-class customer experiences
- Learn and develop into a full-stack developer with direct ability to improve all aspects of the customer journey
- Work with cross-functional, geographically diverse development teams through design, delivery and support
- Ability to work with sensitive content, including culturally sensitive and adult content
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 5+ years of programming with at least one software programming language experience
- 5+ years of leading design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead or leading an engineering team
- 5+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $134,500/year in our lowest geographic market up to $261,500/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.