Sr. UX Designer
The Selling Partner Recruitment and Success (SPRS) UX team leads UX Design, Research, and Experimentation across three SPRS organizations, including Seller Marketing, New Seller Success and Seller Analytics and Growth. Our mission is to envision, design, launch, & measure experiences that drive sellers’ success & satisfaction at every step of their journey. Outside of collaborating with Product and Tech to deliver the best experience for Sellers, we also partner with the Brand Experiences and Strategic Account Services teams to provide support with UX community & hiring efforts and scale relevant UX frameworks (e..g., UX research).
As a Sr. UX Designer on the SPRS UX team, you will be responsible for the design of the end-to-end Seller experience for an innovative tool, Opportunity Explorer. OX enables Sellers to better understand supply and demand insights, unmet customer demand, and insights across categories and niches to help inform new selection opportunities and benchmarking through rich and compelling analytics and insights. You will partner with research to deeply understand Seller needs, and will be responsible for crafting elegant design solutions that scale globally. You will collaborate closely with product and engineering partners, and drive innovation through collaborative workshops and working backwards from the Seller. As a senior designer you’ll own experiences in Seller Central, and will be responsible for delivering solutions across mobile, web and app. You will contribute to our broader vision with analytics across the Seller domain and will be owning the long-term design vision for new selection and market research.
To succeed in this role, the candidate must be an innovative self-starter in driving operational excellence and a strategic big-picture thinker. The candidate must have proven the ability to succeed in a highly ambiguous, fast-paced environment. Our environment requires the skills to work collaboratively and the commitment to take ownership when needed.
Key job responsibilities
- Assume ownership for the end-to-end product experiences and features across desktop, mobile and more.
- Manage the user experience design of a large sized program, and collaborate both within and across the broader SPS organization to unify duplicative experiences and resolve user conflict.
- Contribute to the vision for the organization and influence product strategic roadmap. Lead the discovery, strategize concept design and launch phases of a project.
- Champion user-centered design culture. Drive creative process and collaboration with cross-functional partners to propose new ideas and strategies.
- Model behavior that exemplifies Amazon Leadership Principles in their team and raises the design bar for the organization.
- Provide coaching and feedback, with an emphasis on growing junior Independent Contributors and leadership capability.
- Create and drive adoption of design guidelines, mechanisms, reusable components, best practices, process and tools.
A day in the life
- The Senior UX Designer will be working with product and engineering stakeholders closely on day-to-day basis. While this designer independently owns products/features they will also collaborate with other UX designers in the same team on connecting individual features to a holistic experience. UX Researchers will support research needs, and content writing can be supported via office hours. This designer will share design work regularly with design team peer review, stakeholder review and leadership.
About the team
SPRS UX works with SG&D to amplify the growth trajectory of any Selling Partner WW through scaled and self-service software solutions. To achieve that, we provide SPs with ground truth data about what end-customers seek, leverage science to create insights about their businesses, and produce recommendations on where opportunity exists, in a unified and seamless experience.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- 7+ years of UX designer or interaction designer experience
- Have an online portfolio or samples of work on resume, demonstrating experience creating great end-to-end, user-centered design solutions and patterns, across desktop and mobile devices
- Experience in delivering design solutions for projects of large scope and complexity
- Experience working with stakeholders to plan and execute programs that are strategic in nature
- Experience designing and prototyping with tools such as Figma, Sketch or similar
- Experience defining and maintaining design patterns and UX standards
- Experience with UX design of complex workflows
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $113,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $211,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.