Sr. Software Engineer, ACTI
The Amazon Security Threat Intelligence (ACTI) organization is responsible for investigating and understanding threat actors that are targeting Amazon’s businesses. As a Sr. Software Engineer you will be a member of the ACTI Engineering Team. Responsibilities will include supporting the operation of our threat intelligence program, through the automation and development of systems like the threat intelligence platform and malware analysis pipeline. This role will work to understand how ACTI conducts Threat Intelligence investigations, the underlying Amazon internal and external data sets, and malicious artifact storage and analysis in order to develop and automate more efficient and resilient solutions.
In this role, you will be supporting engineering platforms that include open-source, vendor licensed and native AWS components. These platforms support security missions across Amazon and its customers to better understand threats facing the company. Additionally, working with internal intelligence analysts and external customers to better understand their daily workflows and needs will be required. You’ll be a critical part of an organization focused on building and influencing the security culture within Amazon, with the ultimate goal of ensuring the continued safety and security of our customers.
Key job responsibilities
* Using Python or similar scripting languages to automate tasks and manipulate data
* Collaborate on developing, implementing, and maintaining our threat intelligence platform
* Collaborate on developing, implementing, and maintaining our tooling as it pertains to malware, malware analysis, and malware handling systems
* Ability to write automation to aid threat intel platform and data pipelines
* Demonstrate practical knowledge managing threat data in support of our missions
* Expert with Vertex Synapse and storm query language
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Annapolis Junction, MD, USA | Arlington, VA, USA | Austin, TX, USA | Herndon, VA, USA | New York, NY, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 5+ years of programming with at least one software programming language experience
- 5+ years of leading design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead or leading an engineering team
- 5+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $134,500/year in our lowest geographic market up to $261,500/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.