Sr. Product Manager - Vendor Inbound, Amazon Fresh Vendor Inbound
Interested in working on an innovative business that is changing the way customers think about grocery? Amazon Fresh is looking for a solution oriented, customer obsessed, and motivated individual to join our Amazon Fresh Vendor Inbound Excellence Team.
Amazon Fresh is designed to offer a seamless grocery shopping experience, whether customers are shopping in store or online. We’ve taken decades of Amazon’s operational experience, including same day delivery, and introduced new ways to make grocery shopping even more convenient through Just Walk Out and Amazon Dash Cart technology, which enable customers to skip the checkout line.
Where does our team come in? The Vendor Inbound Excellence team is a Product and Program team focused on improving the vendor inbound experience for all inbound channels by partnering with internal and external stakeholders. We focus on simplifying the inbound shipping process and building tools to make the inbound receive process more accurate while driving vendor compliance.
In this role, you will dive deep into Amazon’s inbound tools, processes and operations to understand how data is consumed and produced by our systems to improve outcomes and lower costs. You will be the end to end product owner, working across operations and tech teams to develop the strategic capabilities that enable us to optimize the receive process.
The successful candidate will have strong quantitative and analytical skills and be comfortable working from concept through to execution. This position will work closely with partner teams to determine root cause of operational challenges, drive process improvements, build KPIs and metrics, discover opportunities and present findings and recommendations to business partners and management.
A qualified candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, high intellectual curiosity to learn new concepts and methodologies, and the ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Key job responsibilities
• Development of the overall product and program strategy, tactically driving teams in and outside of your organization to deliver
• Define the product and program, set objectives, analyze data and drive improvements that are quantified with metrics that lowers the overall cost structure
• Partner with teams across the business you support and beyond to source, allocate, and coordinate resources
• Manage complex cross-functional products and programs with considerable impact across multiple organizations
• Solve ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | Austin, TX, USA | Chicago, IL, USA | Nashville, TN, USA | New York, NY, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 5+ years of product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Excellent knowledge and functional capabilities with MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SQL, Teams and Outlook Strong communication skills both written and verbal and ability to work with both non tech and tech leaders.
- Demonstrates ability to assess and solve problems quickly
- Demonstrates strong Excel-based abilities, including data analysis and data manipulation techniques in support of translating client data into system requirements
- Experience in influencing senior leadership through data driven insights
- Experience working across functional teams and senior stakeholders
- Advance knowledge of SQL, Excel and Data Visualization products
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $110,700/year in our lowest geographic market up to $206,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.