Software Development Manager, Amazon Stores
As an Amazon Manager, Software Development, you will solve unique and complex problems at a rapid pace, utilizing the latest technologies to create solutions that are highly scalable. You will find that there is an unlimited amount of opportunities within Amazon, where developing your career across a wide range of teams is highly supported. We are committed to making your work experience as enjoyable as the experiences you’ll be creating
for our customers.
Apply now and you will be eligible for Amazon Manager, Software Development positions that are based on your preferred location, team, tech stack, domain, language and more. We’re hiring across Amazon Stores in the United States and Canada. Teams with available positions including, but are not limited to:
- Consumer Technology: Build new generation features and products for amazon.com, constantly improving the Customer and Seller experience for billions around the globe. Whether building site wide features such as reviews and recommendations, category specific software for the likes of Pharmacy, Electronics, Digital Software and Video Games or seller infrastructure, there are a variety of complex problems to tackle using a range of technologies in the design of your technical solutions.
- Operations Technology: Shape the future of transportation planning and execution on a global scale, that impacts hundreds of fulfillment centers, thousands of Amazonians, and millions of customers across the world. Your technology will support thousands of operators worldwide to design, build and run the best-in-class Amazon transportation network. We are building intelligent software to make transportation more reliable, faster, and less costly, providing a better and less expensive experience for our customers.
- Financial Technology: Create next generation of distributed, scalable financial systems that support Amazon's current and future business needs. Use big data technologies to design and develop services that facilitate global financial transactions worth billions annually. You’ll lead architecture, design, implementation and deployment of large-scale, critical and complex financial applications, owning all aspects of solutions end-to-end, through full stack software development.
- Human Resources Technology: Create a seamless experience for millions of Amazonians and/or candidates. Whether supporting technologies for onboarding, time and attendance, compensation, amazon.jobs, or recruiting, you’ll deliver robust feature sets, elegant designs, intuitive user interfaces and systems that make it easy for Amazonians to excel at performing critical business functions.
Depending on your experience, the Manager, Software Development may be influencing the strategic direction of the team and may also influence roadmaps of other teams that overlap in business or technical domains. The Manager will be leading the team to invent, evolve, and/or deprecate software. Drives resolution of architecture deficiencies and provide data to support case for resources. This leader will find a path forward in difficult situations and handle escalations.
About the team
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | Bellevue, WA, USA | Los Angeles, CA, USA | Nashville, TN, USA | New York, NY, USA | Phoenix, AZ, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 3+ years of engineering team management experience
- 7+ years of engineering experience
- 8+ years of leading the definition and development of multi tier web services experience
- Knowledge of engineering practices and patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, certification, and livesite operations
- Experience partnering with product or program management teams
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior leadership to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience in recruiting, hiring, mentoring/coaching and managing teams of Software Engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $148,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $287,700/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.