Principal Product Manager - Tech, Personalization - Discovery Innovation
As a Principal Product Manager in Tech you will lead product roadmap for tailoring the experience of every customer on Amazon’s most prominent pages, billions of times a day. Utilizing state of the art machine learning techniques like reinforcement learning and deep learning, to build highly scalable, real-time systems that determine the content customers see across Amazon.
Key job responsibilities
As a Principal Product Manager in Tech you will:
- Envision and define personalized shopping experiences, tailored to each customer's intent, that operates seamlessly across Amazon as a talented personal shopping assistant.
- Work with a team of engineers, scientists, engineering managers, and program managers designing to define and execute a product roadmap to understand customers' intent and help complete their shopping missions.
- Drive roadmap to implement cutting edge recommender systems, invent ways to multiply the rate of innovation across the company on behalf of our customers.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance customer and business needs versus technical constraints.
- Assimilate a large number of inputs from stakeholders, develop cohesive designs and functional specs, prioritize and deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected.
- Clearly communicate goals, requirements, roadmaps, and timelines to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
- Demonstrate maturity, sound business and technical judgement, negotiation skills, ability to influence, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
A day in the life
You will have a unique opportunity with large scope and responsibility – you will directly impact and help manage features generating billions of dollars of revenue per year. You will collaborate with teams and leaders across the entire company, and gain exposure to many aspects of the Amazon business. You will be a part of a fast paced, growing research and development team. If you want to help build the future of personalized merchandising on Earth’s biggest online retailer, we would love to talk to you!
About the team
Our mission is to delight every Amazon customer with a shopping experience tailored to their current intent, to identify and help customers complete their shopping missions, and to enable others across Amazon with our understanding of the customer’s intent. We achieve our mission through investments in UX, Science, and Systems with the purpose of delivering new, personalized shopping experiences.
Our vision for Intent-Aware Amazon is for the quality of personalization provided to be a core reason customers choose Amazon, on par with Earth’s largest selection, low prices, and fast and free shipping. In tailoring the shopping experience to each customer’s intent, we envision operating seamlessly across Amazon as a talented personal shopping assistant — a partner that is trusted, knowledgeable, and understands your unique preferences.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- 8+ years of product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience technical product management
- Experience working directly with Engineers on product enhancements
- Experience in project management methodologies, business analysis, or process improvement
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $144,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $279,900/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.