Sr Product Manager - Tech , Linguistic Accessibility
Are you excited about creating value for diverse users? Do you get energized by the idea of directly enabling developers to innovate on employee experience? People Experience & Technology is looking for an experienced product manager to integrate Translation technology to localize employee experiences across the globe.
We are looking for experienced, driven and entrepreneurial Senior Product Manager - Technical (PMT) to help accelerate the product development and experience for users with language diverse backgrounds. As a Senior PMT on our team you will lead product strategy, turning customer insights and feedback into plans that accelerate delivery of the right features for our customers. You will work directly with dedicated engineering teams and senior leadership to drive product development for employee-facing products while influencing a wide-range of partner product teams through fundamental technical design decisions, product roadmap, customer segmentation and long-term strategy.
Our ideal teammate will possess a strong product management background, have experience leading large-scale technical products that integrate within existing ecosystems. You are naturally curious, data-driven and entrepreneurial as you take end-to-end ownership for your product. You are the kind of leader who anticipates bottlenecks, deftly navigates ambiguity, makes informed trade-off decisions and skillfully balances the needs of the business versus technical constraints. You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills that help you build strong partnerships with colleagues and influence senior leaders. If you enjoy cutting through ambiguity, eliminating complexity and innovating on behalf of customers, come join us!
Key job responsibilities
• Develop and own the product strategy for Amazon’s internal translation technology.
• Create a comprehensive roadmap that aligns with business goals and user needs.
• Define the success metrics for features or services to track performance, deep-dive on issues and uncover trends and patterns.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to gather requirements and define features that enhance the application's usability and effectiveness.
• Prioritize features based on business impact and user feedback.
• Maintain a clear and prioritized backlog for the development team.
•Work closely with engineering, design, and Field Operations teams to ensure the successful and timely delivery of features.
•Deeply understand the technology that underpins our employee experiences and collaborate closely with your engineering partners to support the long term technology strategy for our integration products.
•Foster a collaborative and innovative environment within the product team.
User Experience and Research:
• Conduct user research to understand user needs, pain points, and preferences.
• Advocate for a user-centric approach in product development.
• Work with the design team to create an intuitive and seamless user experience.
• Possess a strong technical background to effectively communicate with development teams and make informed decisions.
• Focus on integration within existing systems, determining API solutions, and navigating AI/ML in the language translation space.
• Stay updated on the latest technologies related to translation, natural language processing, and AI/ML.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | Boston, MA, USA | Jersey City, NJ, USA | New York, NY, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience managing technical products or online services
- Experience in representing and advocating for a variety of critical customers and stakeholders during executive-level prioritization and planning
- Experience in using analytical tools, such as Tableau, Qlikview, QuickSight
- Experience in building and driving adoption of new tools
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $121,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $235,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.