Data Engineer, ASV - O&O
Help create the future of video and live shopping with Amazon! We are looking to hire a Data Engineer who can operate as a subject-matter expert on data engineering solutions for our business. You will play a key role in contributing to the success of each focus areas by partnering with respective business owners and leveraging data to identify areas of improvement & optimization. The role sits in the sweet spot between technology and business worlds and provides opportunity for growth, high business impact and working with seasoned business leader. You will be responsible to identify gaps in our data architecture and re-architect our data pipelines to enable us to build faster and reliable insights to serve both internal and external stakeholders.
Key job responsibilities
* Design and develop end-to-end scalable data applications and data pipelines to derive deeper and more accurate insights for our business
* Build and support the data warehouse & data lake platforms to enable holistic data analysis at a global level for our program
* Design and develop data architecture, data standards and data privacy compliance framework to improve the operational efficiency
* Develop automated monitors and alarms to detect anomalous data
* Develop automation solutions through programming languages to allow quick understanding of our programs' health and performance
* Communicate key insights based on data analysis to key stakeholders, partners and leadership
About the team
Amazon Shopping Videos (ASV) is a new strategic program in Advertisement that leverages the potential of video to help millions of customers find product inspiration, learn more about products they are interested in, and interact with creators and their communities every day across the globe. We enable customers to find relevant content and explore our vast library of product-focused videos on our home experiences across desktop, mobile and FireTV, and throughout their shopping journey on Amazon. We are very much a startup within Amazon aiming to reinvent the way customers use video to shop, and we are looking for motivated, thoughtful self-starters who can partner effectively across our multi-disciplinary teams to drive innovation.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York City, NY, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 3+ years of data engineering experience
- Experience with data modeling, warehousing and building ETL pipelines
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with AWS technologies like Redshift, S3, AWS Glue, EMR, Kinesis, FireHose, Lambda, and IAM roles and permissions
- Experience with non-relational databases / data stores (object storage, document or key-value stores, graph databases, column-family databases)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $105,700/year in our lowest geographic market up to $205,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. This position will remain posted until filled. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.