Senior Product Designer
We are searching for an exceptional Senior Product Designer to join our User Engagement team in Berlin. This is an individual contributor role. Your primary responsibility will be to define and create user-friendly and engaging experiences that empower our users, including physicians, medical students, and partners. Our ultimate goal is to improve the lives of patients.
At AMBOSS, our platform is designed to help medical students pass their exams and improve their learning experience. We also aim to assist clinicians in making informed decisions under time pressure and providing the best possible care. The objective of the User Engagement team is to create a seamless pathway for users, starting from user acquisition, through sign-up and personalization to onboarding and engaging them in the product.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will collaborate with other Product teams, the Product design team, and the Search team to design and deliver practical solutions. You will work closely with the User Engagement team to optimize the product, conduct testing, and validate results.
You should have a passion for UX, information architecture (IA), interaction design, and clear minimal UI design. Your design skills should also incorporate technical thinking, such as understanding how implementation limitations can impact your design. You enjoy experimenting to find the right solutions for complex problems. Additionally, you should have a strong understanding of the product development process, from problem definition to final designs, resulting in shipped products. Experience working on multidisciplinary teams is also preferred.
What you will do:
- Define and enhance the user experience for key areas of your team, focusing on improving Acquisition, Activation, as well as Revenue metrics.
- Work closely with the team's PM, Data, and Engineering to analyze current product performance and identify opportunities for improvement and optimisation.
- Establish and maintain healthy Design Discovery and Delivery processes in the H&O Team, timely involving other domains.
- Advocate for good design principles, usability and accessibility to continuously improve the quality of our product.
- Collaborate with our in-house user research and data teams to identify and solve key user problems, and propose effective solutions.
- Contribute to various design aspects at AMBOSS, including the design system, interaction patterns, and other design-related topics.
What you will bring:
- Expert in UX design, information architecture, and visualizing information in a concise manner.
- User-centered design skills - detail-oriented with a deep understanding of design fundamentals with a proficiency in Figma and modern prototyping tools.
- Ability to solve complex design challenges while maintaining a simple and user-friendly visual design language
- A passion for implementing great user experiences, validating and delivering designs that address genuine user needs
- Ability to go from macro vision to implementation details in an iterative, highly collaborative, and supported way.
- Experience of working on a complex B2C product or a tool, catering for multiple user types and needs.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams (e.g. product, design, engineering, research) and highly skilled at complex stakeholder management.
As a plus, you might also have
- Experience in planning and designing for A/B tests
- Have some experience working in the medical field and working closely with medical doctors.
AMBOSSians tell us that innovative work keeps them energized and employee benefits help them to feel appreciated and empowered. We invest in every AMBOSSian with our employee benefits package, crafted to support financial, physical, and mental health, and work-life harmony.
Check out all of our employee benefits below:
We believe in diversity as a driving force of innovation and welcome people of all backgrounds to help us achieve our mission of empowering physicians to provide the best possible care – to everyone, everywhere.
Did we just describe your ideal next role? We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements.