Senior Backend Engineer (Education Group)
We are AMBOSS, and we’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our LEAR team. Engineers at AMBOSS are at the forefront of shaping user experience for doctors and students, helping them make critical decisions, ultimately impacting the healthcare of billions of people worldwide. We are looking for someone with a passion for getting the most out of technology and people, setting the pace and direction of excellence for engineering craft. Join our agile team on a mission to elevate AMBOSS into a guided learning experience by giving users the right learning material and challenges at the right time.
What you will do:
- Drive engineering projects from conception to completion.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior engineers.
- Drive the adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define project requirements and specifications.
- Share your knowledge within AMBOSS community, contributing to a culture of continuous learning and growth.
What you will bring:
- Excellent understanding of REST APIs and GraphQL and experience in designing good APIs.
- Deep understanding of technologies currently used in the industry (PHP & Python)
- Proven track record of leading successful engineering projects.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
AMBOSSSians tell us that innovative work gives them drive and that employee benefits make them feel valued and encouraged in their work. We invest in every AMBOSSian with our employee benefits, which are specifically tailored to support financial, physical and mental health and contribute to a positive work-life balance.
Find out more about our benefit packages here:
We believe in diversity as a driving force of innovation and welcome people of all backgrounds to join us in our mission: Let us work together to help doctors around the world provide the best possible care to everyone.
Welcome to AMBOSS
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.