Senior Software Engineer (Python, SQL, AWS)
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Data Ingestion team within the Analytics Data organization.
The Enterprise Data Integration (EDI) team is a collection of systems and integrations focused on servicing the enterprise data needs of all data scientists, data analysts and data engineers throughout the organization.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will develop best practices and making architectural choices to improve important data processing & analytics pipelines. You will collaborate with and wonderful software engineers. You will support solutions to and modern engineering problems. As part of the team, you will learn bring data closer to our users. You will make important choices, and improve the platform's reliability, resiliency, and scalability. You will be reporting to Engineering Manager and you will work based in Bangalore location.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about working in a team, can own and deliver long-term projects to completion. You are and, and excited about the prospects of having a big impact with data at Autodesk.
- Contribute to the team's vision and explain strategies to have fundamental impact at our massive scale
- You will need a product-focused mindset. It is important for you to understand our requirements and architect systems to increase and extend to accommodate those needs
- Diagnose and in distributed systems, develop and document technical solutions and sequence work to make fast, iterative deliveries and improvements
- Build high-performance, fault-tolerant and scalable distributed systems that can handle our massive scale
- Participate in design reviews with peers and partners to adopt what's best suited amongst available technologies
- Review code developed by other developers and provide feedback to ensure best practices (e.g., style guidelines, checking code in, accuracy, testability, and efficiency)
- Automate cloud infrastructure, services, and observability
- Develop CI/CD pipelines and testing automation
- Establish and uphold best engineering practices through code and design reviews and improved tools
- Groom junior engineers through mentoring and delegation
- Create a culture of trust, respect and inclusion within your team
- 5-8 years of relevant industry experience in large back-end distributed systems and cloud computing
- Overall programming skills, able to write modular, maintainable code Python, PySpark, SQL,
- Experience building code-driven infrastructure on public cloud platforms like AWS
- Understanding of SQL, dimensional modeling, and at least one relational database
- Experience with automation frameworks/tools like Git, Jenkins, Ansible, and Terraform
- Familiarity with containers and infrastructure-as-code fundamentals
- Solid Proficiency with Amazon Web Services
- Commit to grow deeper in the knowledge of how to improve our existing applications
- Enthusiasm for modern technologies, complex problems, and building things
- Familiar with non-functional testing such as load, performance and resiliency testing
- Work in an Agile environment using test-driven methodologies
- Experience with data processing and SQL databases
- Experience with Spark
- Experience with Hadoop / Spark Source Code
- Experience with Map Reduce
- Experience with Hive or Snowflake
- Experience in Hadoop 2.0 and its ecosystem.
- Experience with Airflow
- Experience with data processing and SQL databases and DBT
- Experience in microservices-based architecture
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive compensation package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on discretionary annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock or long-term incentive cash grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversity & Belonging
We take pride in cultivating a culture of belonging and an equitable workplace where everyone can thrive. Learn more here: https://www.autodesk.com/company/diversity-and-belonging
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk?
Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site).