Engineering Manager Lead
Job Requisition ID #
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a desire to take on the challenge of managing some talented Software Engineers.
As a Software Engineer you’ll find yourself working with a wide range of technologies, including web-based 3D frameworks, large-scale systems, and cloud computing. Your work will enable our users to discover smart, urban solutions and gain valuable insights to build better cities. Our engineers work in multidisciplinary and autonomous teams, where decisions are made using a bottom-up approach. You will have the opportunity to build and deliver valuable features for our end users.
In this role as Senior Software Engineer – People Manager you will be part of the engineering people management team, which together is responsible for around 60 people.
You will be instrumental in ensuring that we are able to build and scale a world-class engineering team, both by attracting, retaining and growing talent, and by raising the bar on how software engineering contributes to our success as an organization and help each person have as much impact as they possibly can.
We believe strongly in servant leadership. Your main job as a manager is to help everyone become as successful as they can be, foster a strong sense of belonging in the organization, and collaborate with other managers to build a solution-oriented working culture.
We always focus on the long-term and systematic views when building our great organization. We have high aspirations of being the best place to work for all employees willing to make and impact and looking for exciting challenges.
Engineering Team @ Autodesk
To achieve our mission, we have built a fundamentally Agile organization, organized to give teams the autonomy to innovate at speed while staying aligned to create a cohesive offering.
We are organized into cross-functional teams, with software and machine learning engineers working closely with product management and design. Our engineers work on everything from complex 3D drawing on the web to building ML-based real-time analysis.
According to the UN, more than 90% of future population growth will occur in cities - new tools are needed to keep up with this trend. In our recently established Unified design unit at Autodesk where this role is placed, our mission is providing a better way to build our cities.
By using AI to untangle complexities and enabling an iterative process across parameters, we are helping architects and real estate developers make more informed decisions and save time throughout this process.
With our approach, we are on the path of creating deep, global impact for the cities of the world. Our core products are Spacemaker and Formit. The Spacemaker product is in many ways a unique offering, so much of what we do has to be invented from scratch.
- Bring the construction industry into the 21st century
- Take responsibility and ownership of your creations
- Work in a team with some of the most talented software engineers, mathematicians, and data scientists available
- Choose the technologies and tools you work with
- Professional development - communicating goals and expectations, fostering a feedback culture, and providing all support needed for development of great engineers.
- Personal and career development within engineering, and actively work to open doors for and grow each developer.
- Recruitment and employer branding - attract, recruit and onboard both experienced engineers, but also talent directly from the best schools and universities to build a diverse and inclusive team.
- Processes and systems - make sure we have systems in place to improve our skillset and way of working – in the organization, within your team of engineers and on an individual level. Be it through knowledge or best practice sharing, technical deep dives, talks, coaching, improving processes, new tooling, or other means. You push us to be happy, but never satisfied, about how we build great products.
- Passion for clean, modifiable, and testable code
- Team player
- Experienced programmer in multiple languages
- Enjoys breaking complex tasks into smaller pieces
- Impact driven
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive compensation package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on discretionary annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock or long-term incentive cash grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversity & Belonging
We take pride in cultivating a culture of belonging and an equitable workplace where everyone can thrive. Learn more here: https://www.autodesk.com/company/diversity-and-belonging
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk?
Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site).