Senior Manager, IT
Job Requisition ID #
As a Senior IT Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing the day-to-day IT operations within the organization. You will lead a team of professionals and work closely with other departments to ensure the smooth functioning of IT systems, infrastructure, and services. This role requires a combination of technical expertise, leadership skills, and strategic thinking to drive operational efficiency and support business objectives
- IT Operations Management: Manage and maintain the organization's enterprise IT, applications and systems, ensuring their availability, reliability, and security. Manage technology and business operations for the enterprise IT landscape
- Drive Operations Excellence: Oversee the resolution of IT incidents and problems, ensuring timely response, troubleshooting, and escalation as needed. Establish and enforce IT service management processes to minimize disruptions and downtime. Drive initiatives to improve availability, latency, scalability and efficiency of the enterprise IT landscape. Coordinate and manage outside vendors, contract negotiations and service level agreements
- Team Leadership: Lead and mentor a team of system administrators, SRE/DevOps Engineers and business support engineers. Set performance goals, develop career paths, provide guidance, conduct performance evaluations, and foster a collaborative and productive work environment
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Develop and deliver on the long-term vision on engagement and governance with the stakeholders
- Strategic Planning: Develop and execute IT strategies and roadmap aligned with business goals. Identify areas for improvement, propose solutions, and implement technology initiatives to enhance operational efficiency, scalability, and security. Drive execution of the roadmaps with relentless focus on results, impact and ROI
- Continuous Improvement: Monitor industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies to identify opportunities for operational improvements and innovation. Drive process enhancements, automation initiatives, and adoption of new technologies to optimize IT operations and enhance user experience. Be an active thought leader both internally and externally to internalize trends to drive vision and awareness
- Bachelors degree with minimum of 15+ years of experience in software industry
- Proven experience in IT operations, DevOps, or a similar role, with increasing levels of responsibility
- Expertise in areas such as administration of Enterprise ERP/CRM systems, cloud computing, security, and IT service management
- Proficiency in ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) processes and frameworks
- Experience in leading and managing a team, including performance management, coaching, and career development
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of industry regulations and compliance requirements
- Familiarity with project management methodologies and tools
- Proven ability to collaborate with virtual team members and stakeholders
- Coaching and listening skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and resolve complex issues
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive compensation package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on discretionary annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock or long-term incentive cash grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversity & Belonging
We take pride in cultivating a culture of belonging and an equitable workplace where everyone can thrive. Learn more here: https://www.autodesk.com/company/diversity-and-belonging
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk?
Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site).