Senior Software Engineer
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk's Platform team is looking for a passionate Senior Software Engineer to join our team. Our organizational ecosystem comprises cloud services and web client components. In this role, you will be instrumental in driving key parts of the implementation of the cloud data platform of Autodesk. This is an opportunity to work on applications that directly impact the millions of users of Autodesk products.
You will be part of an agile engineering team of smart and highly motivated software engineers building world-class cloud software applications and services. You will work in a global organization and collaborate with local and remote colleagues from various disciplines like business, engineering, operations, support etc. You will work with the latest technologies in a flexible environment.
- Contribute to all aspects of software development from architecture to design to estimation to development to testing and release
- Develop, debug and build automated tests for various programming assignments
- Partner closely with product owners, software architects and other software engineers to iteratively turn high level requirements into product enhancements that are delivered to customers incrementally and continually
- Contribute to improvements in processes and deliverables that increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the team in responding to customer and business needs
- Monitor large-scale production applications and have experience with deployment and infrastructure design and maintenance
- 4+ years of production level Java/Scala development experience
- Demonstrable Java programming/problem solving skills
- Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes, tools, and Agile methodologies including Kanban/Sprint
- Experience with common tools/processes such as GIT, Maven, unit tests, PR/code reviews
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Hands-on experience with AWS (or other cloud provider's) technologies such as SQS, S3, DynamoDB, IAM, Lambda, etc.
- Experience working on Spring/Spring-Boot or Play Framework
- Experience using Terraform to build infrastructure as code
- Experience in building highly scalable systems and services in the cloud, including calling other REST services from within a REST service
- Skill and experience with using design patterns
- Experience in building, running and monitoring SaaS applications at large scale
- Experience with multi-repo GIT code bases, REST-based web services, testing frameworks such as Blazemeter, shell scripts, automated CI/CD pipelines
- A hard-working team-player, with a result-focused passion to deliver an overall solution
- Embrace perpetual learning and are always ready for the a new challenge
- Comfortable presenting demos of working software and also addressing questions about progress
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!
From health and financial benefits to time away and everyday wellness, we give Autodeskers
the best, so they can do their best work. Learn more about our benefits in the U.S. by visiting
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Diversity & Belonging
We take pride in cultivating a culture of belonging and an equitable workplace where everyone
can thrive. Learn more here: https://www.autodesk.com/company/diversity-and-belonging
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk?
Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site).