Senior Software Engineer (React)
Job Requisition ID #
At Autodesk, we are reinventing how everything you see or touch is imagined, designed and created. In Autodesk Construction Cloud, we are reinventing how every building, bridge, hospital, campus and stadium is built. Our platform allows customers to effectively and easily manage the complex collaboration and coordination necessary to see their projects through all phases of construction.
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Developer to join our team in the Sheffield area. As a senior developer you will be an integral part of the team responsible for building and improving the critical workflows we are responsible for within the Autodesk Construction Cloud. You will be helping our customers refine and improve how they design and construct large projects using our cloud services. You will be working with an excellent local team of skilled developers and collaborating with all kinds of Autodesk teams around the world. If you want to help change the world, come help our customers Make Anything.
- Develop and maintain Unit Tests; strive to automate testing as much as possible.
- Help divide large features into clear, manageable tasks.
- Align activities with stakeholders, influence decisions and help lead projects to completion.
- Actively collaborate within and outside of the team, bringing new ideas and challenging the status quo.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure new code conforms to standards.
- Understand, embrace, and promote agile methodologies, principles, and values within the team.
- BSc in Engineering, Mathematics or Computer Science is a typical qualification but we are open to candidates who took other paths into the world of software engineering.
- Ability to write clean, readable code in different languages.
- Can understand and explain complex technical systems and processes in simple terms.
- Focused and motivated to drive projects through to completion.
- An agile mindset with experience using supporting processes like Scrum, Kanban or similar.
- Good communication and people skills - you need to be comfortable communicating with many different people in the business.
- Excellent debugging, testing, and technical problem-solving skills and an aptitude to learn new technologies and methodologies.
- Familiarity with source control and continuous integration methodologies and tools (e.g. Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, Git).
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive compensation package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on discretionary annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock or long-term incentive cash grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversity & Belonging
We take pride in cultivating a culture of belonging and an equitable workplace where everyone can thrive. Learn more here: https://www.autodesk.com/company/diversity-and-belonging
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk?
Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site).