Technical Consultant (Backend Developer)
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk Enterprise Customer Success organization is seeking a talented Technical Consultant (Back End Developer) to design and develop customized and configured solutions for their Enterprise Application (EA) integrations with cloud-based technologies. This individual will work with the global consulting team to develop custom solutions built on Autodesk Cloud and On-Premises Products. This is an individual contributor role but has substantial influence and responsibility. The ideal candidate will have experience developing products and systems in Autodesk Forge and Microsoft Azure.
- Deliver customized and configured solutions on top of Autodesk core products in the Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) or Manufacturing (MFG) domain
- Develop solutions for customers based on user stories provided by the consulting team
- Support solution development and deployment activities, including delivery, acceptance testing, deployment packaging and user-support
- Develop solution architecture, detailing solution design and documenting development and implementation plans with estimates
- Perform the role of a Subject Matter Expert for the Autodesk product/cloud platform APIs
- Create documentation as appropriate for solutions developed
- Contribute to Autodesk IP and assets through methods of development and sales collateral
- Minimum 6 years of experience in the web and cloud technology domain
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in engineering, preferably with civil & mechanical specialization
- Mandatory Extensive experience with Autodesk products like AutoCAD, Civil3D, and Revit and hands-on expertise with Revit API, Forge API and Microsoft Azure
- Strong .NET skills (C#.net preferred)
- Experience in Agile Software Development practices and tools (such as Jira. Kanban. etc.)
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and modern backend frameworks
- Candidates should be robust in Technical and able to contribute towards software and database design and understand/provide architectural recommendations
- Experience with NodeJS, ASP.net, or similar server technology is helpful
- Knowledge of software development methodologies such as Waterfall and/or Agile
- Experience with version control systems/Git and Azure DevOps is preferred
- Strong Experience with REST API creation
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent vision and imagination. Ability to assemble multiple products into a coherent solution for the customer
- Exhibits good technical ability and should be able to contribute towards the design and provide architectural recommendations
- Ability to embrace new ideas, methods, and learning and quickly put them into practice
- Excellent skills in resolving customer problems with an “out of the box” and a “can do” approach
- Exhibit leadership skills and go beyond the roles and responsibilities.
- Take Ownership and accountability of the tasks and show leadership skills to mentor and coach the team whenever required
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on discretionary annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock or long-term incentive cash grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.