Software Development Manager
Job Requisition ID #
As a Software Development Manager, you will have the opportunity to mentor and grow a team of talented engineers as they implement backend services or client-facing aspects of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions & services, including Fusion Manage, Manage Extension for Fusion 360, and Upchain.
As the ideal candidate, you have led teams in the delivery of modern cloud web services and have demonstrated deep, hands-on experience in driving execution plans that align with the vision. You are comfortable in an agile environment and know how to build a highly effective team. Most of all, you can inspire teams to do great things.
- Lead and guide teams of highly skilled software engineers to work within a Scrum framework on high-quality solutions in response to stakeholder requirements
- Manage the performance of your team by communicating clear organizational goals and removing impediments
- Inspire and motivate team members to improve productivity and foster creativity while maintaining a healthy work-life balance
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement through ongoing feedback, coaching, and tracking performance. Support individual training and career development
- Drive both the software development process and the right technology decisions while also advocating for appropriate Customer improvements and adjustments
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Product Owners, Software Architects, and key stakeholders to build release plans that deliver meaningful value to Customers
- Foster collaborative relationships with other teams to accomplish holistic organizational goals
- Be the spokesperson for the team and champion their accomplishments with upper management and adjacent teams
- Work with a globally distributed team and with team members that are in a hybrid/remote work setting
- Cultivate a culture that promotes Autodesk values, inner sourcing, and a proactive attitude to get things done
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in a related technology domain
- 3 years of experience leading tech leads and senior software engineers
- Solid understanding of all phases of the software development lifecycle from analyzing the needs to delivery of working software
- Work with the team to breakdown complex technical requirements into logical execution slices
- Solid understanding of SoA and infrastructure
- Experienced in Agile software development practice and ceremonies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Comfortable working within a globally distributed team, and within a hybrid/remote working model
- Understanding of PLM customer needs
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with Customer incidents
- Experience in managing complex dependencies and associated conflicts in delivery timelines
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and keep execution teams productive
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive compensation package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on discretionary annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock or long-term incentive cash grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversity & Belonging
We take pride in cultivating a culture of belonging and an equitable workplace where everyone can thrive. Learn more here: https://www.autodesk.com/company/diversity-and-belonging
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk?
Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site).