Senior Software Engineer
Job Requisition ID #
We are looking to hire a Senior Software Developer to help to improve our platform for building cloud-native applications and backend. You have a background in both cloud backend and distributed web applications.
We are working on a solution to make collaboration and remote work easier for Autodesk customers. The mission of the team is to build a scalable and reliable concurrent editing solution, where multiple users can edit their data in real-time.
You will influence the architecture and design of this technology. You will be contributing to an exciting and modern open-source project and engage across multiple teams around the world.
You will report to the Senior Manager - Software Engineering.
The team is based at Autodesk's offices in Bonn, Germany. We work in a Hybrid working model requiring some regular time together in the office.
- Involved with all aspects of software development, working to create and maintain the most reliable, secure, performant and high throughput applications for our customers by using cutting-edge cloud technology
- Contribute to improvements in processes and deliverables that increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the team in responding to customer and business needs
- Document and present your ideas and solutions accurately and thoroughly
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related technology field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with designing, building and scaling infrastructure on AWS, Azure or GCP
- Ability to operate effectively and independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Good understanding of IT security
- Experience developing and running a backend service
- Cross-platform, web application development (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Familiarity with CI/CD concepts and experience working with a deployment pipeline such as Jenkins
- Experience with AWS and Terraform
The ideal candidate
- You enjoy contributing to open-source
- You are a fast learner and keen to work with latest tools and technologies available
- You get work done together
- As a team player and effective communicator, you easily build collaborative relationships with technical and non-technical colleagues
- You enjoy working with distributed team members
- You have a strong desire and ability to deliver results
- You are able to succeed and consistently reach the highest standards in a dynamic, agile environment with changing priorities
- You are able to work independently and manage multiple tasks with direction or feedback from stakeholders and team members
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive compensation package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on discretionary annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock or long-term incentive cash grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversity & Belonging
We take pride in cultivating a culture of belonging and an equitable workplace where everyone can thrive. Learn more here: https://www.autodesk.com/company/diversity-and-belonging
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk?
Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site).