Postdoctoral Researcher: HCI+AI
Job Requisition ID #
Within the HCI and Visualization research group, you and your mentor(s) will arrive at mutually agreed upon research projects in the area of human-computer interaction. Over the course of the post-doc, you will drive those projects forward with guidance from your mentor(s), including implementation, experimental validation, data analysis, etc. Specific areas of interest for research projects include: Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, Information Visualization, Software Learning, Future of Work, Generative Design Tools, Interactive Fabrication, and User Interfaces for AI or Machine Learning Systems.
Responsibilities for the project may include:
- Support the research and design efforts by developing software prototypes
- Conduct literature reviews
- Gather requirements and issues to explore and design
- Develop algorithms
- Build prototypes to test and explore concepts
- Conduct formal controlled psychological experiments to test research ideas and hypotheses.
- Measure human performance and cognition limitations related to interaction with technology.
- Conduct usability studies, ethnographic studies, heuristic evaluations, task analyses, structured interviews and surveys.
- Evaluate research findings and prototypes to make recommendations for impacting business and products.
- Explore new prototyping frameworks and technologies
- Author a full research paper
- Produce an accompanying research video
- Present the results of your research externally and internally
- Completed a PhD program in Computer Science or related field, with a specialization in Human-Computer Interaction
- Demonstrated expertise in the area of interactive technologies, with peer-reviewed publications on the topic in international venues
- Experience with web development and frameworks
- Experience interfacing with unique hardware modules
- Experience developing software in a Windows environment
- Experience with programming 3D graphics, Unity, Unreal Engine
- Experimental design and data analysis
- Rapid prototyping
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team; ability to work with minimum supervision, self-driven
- Ability to deal with requirements from multiple sources and find solutions and deal with conflicts and compromises in a diplomatic manner
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with other product teams
- Ability to write clear, concise, correct technical material
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive compensation package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on discretionary annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock or long-term incentive cash grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversity & Belonging
We take pride in cultivating a culture of belonging and an equitable workplace where everyone can thrive. Learn more here: https://www.autodesk.com/company/diversity-and-belonging
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk?
Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site).