Senior Software Engineer
Job Requisition ID #
Become a member and participate in forming several new Software Engineering Scrum teams joining the Civil Infrastructure Product Line Group in Krakow.
Our team develops Civil engineering software, like Autodesk Civil 3D, to help civil engineers during both the design and construction process.
We are looking for individuals who are enthusiastic about designing and developing high quality software solutions which may combine desktop applications, web clients and cloud services.
You will have a significant impact on how we design, build, and deliver our products to millions of professionals. You will report to the local Engineering Manager and work in a cross-functional team focused on building and maintaining software for various products and components. You will work on a variety of unique challenges which give you the chance to learn modern technology and grow your skills.
At Autodesk we work in a Hybrid working model from our Krakow office location.
- Development and software architecture working with senior software engineers and architects across the product line group.
- Address, complex engineering problems, while being aware of how to break them down in manageable work chunks
- From time-to-time act as a feature champion and oversee its implementation within team
- Prototype, implement, and maintain production software and software components.
- Perform regular code reviews.
- Write unit and integration tests.
- Support both manual and automated testing. Create scripts to support automation testing.
- Work with the Agile team at improving Quality Assurance processes and be an ambassador for quality.
- Collaborate within your team and with teams of engineers to design, plan, develop, refactor, test, deliver and maintain complex features within desktop applications, cloud services and desktop components.
- Work with the product owner, experience designer and product management teams to review and implement proposed designs.
- Actively participate in team meetings.
- Being Agile and using LEAN methodology as an active member of a Scrum team
- Collaborate using tools such as Git, JIRA, and wiki pages.
- 5+ years experience programming with C++
- Experience in software development in a commercial setting in a scaled Scrum team scenario with several teams working on shared deliverables.
- Experience in handling large scale code basis and refactoring
- Passion to improve product quality.
- First or upper-second class degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field
- Advanced English knowledge
- Experience with Git or similar source code revision control systems
- Working Experience or educational background in AEC industry is a plus
- Knowledge of DevOps, CI/CD pipeline and Test Automation
- Familiarity with computational geometry
- Understanding of deployment methodology
Tech that we use
C#, C++ 17, Node, Docker, Python, AWS, Artifactory, CMake, Jenkins
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive compensation package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on discretionary annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock or long-term incentive cash grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversity & Belonging
We take pride in cultivating a culture of belonging and an equitable workplace where everyone can thrive. Learn more here: https://www.autodesk.com/company/diversity-and-belonging
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk?
Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site).