Senior Software Engineer
Job Requisition ID #
You will plan, design, develop and tests software systems and applications for traditional or cloud-based products that customers purchase; results achieved though enhancements of current products or new products. Reporting to the Engineering Manager for the Enablement Platform team, you will also collaborate with team members, members of other teams and customers in producing quality deliverables efficiently.
- Provide the business with valuable software through continuous delivery
- Ensure code can be localized for other languages,
- Develop high quality, secure, stable code for use in products and solutions for customers, making it easier for other developers to maintain, reuse, and localize
- Apply continuous attention to technical excellence and good design, resulting in a straightforward solution and reducing complexity
- Advocate for the best user experience
- Develop Unit Tests; strive to automate testing as much as possible
- Ensure new code conforms to established coding standards and meet design specification
- Ensure new code follows best security practices
- Document new code and features developed, including changes to existing code
- Write and present code design specifications
- Participate in code reviews to ensure new code conforms to standards.
- Work with customers to identify and resolve product defects
- Maintain, troubleshoot and debug code
- Test newly developed features to ensure they are functioning properly
- Participate in developing test plans, including regression tests, for newly developed software or feature
- Ensure new code, feature or software product meets performance goals/metrics
- Resolve defects logged by customers or QA and document all changes made.
- Accept changing requirements, even late in development
- Collaborate on storyboarding and story pointing
- Participate in team retrospectives and feedback loops to improve on future iterations
- Provide the Product Owner with any support required to facilitate their backlog grooming
- Participate in daily team scrum meetings
- Participate in sprint planning sessions
- Demonstrate product increments in sprint reviews
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related fileds
- Minimum of 5 years and above of professional software development experience
- AGILE software development experience
- Experience in AWS cloud technology
- Write and maintain the code following Test-Driven-Design principles
- Ability to work collaboratively with a large group of engineers / product managers external to the team to help them integrate the components in their products
- Experience in architecture solution and system design development
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive compensation package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on discretionary annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock or long-term incentive cash grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversity & Belonging
We take pride in cultivating a culture of belonging and an equitable workplace where everyone can thrive. Learn more here: https://www.autodesk.com/company/diversity-and-belonging
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk?
Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site).