Job Requisition ID #
Are you excited about leading a team to solve technical challenges by building a scalable, highly available, performant platform powering Autodesk's digital business transformation?
Autodesk's Development Enablement organization is looking for a hands-on, experienced engineering manager to lead a team of experienced and driven engineers responsible for building, maintaining, and supporting Autodesk's next-generation platform.
Key Focus Areas:
In this role, you will be reporting to the Senior Manager of the Enablement and your primary focus areas will revolve around overseeing the development of tools and automation necessary for deploying services on public cloud platforms. Applying your expertise in software engineering, you will be responsible for creating a robust platform that enables our global development teams to access highly available, resilient, and scalable services. You will lead the team to define and implement standardized API management, CI/CD processes, ensuring the secure, scalable, compliant, and resilient delivery of products and services. Your technical acumen should encompass knowledge and experience with containerization technologies and orchestration platforms, proficiency in infrastructure-as-code tools and concepts, familiarity with configuration management tools, as well as a strong understanding of cloud platforms and services.
- Lead, and mentor the software engineering team
- Provide insight, feedback, and recommendations to senior management
- Identify efficiency opportunities through automation and engineering
- Responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of technical projects
- Work with architects, product owners, and experience designers towards a shared vision and actively contribute to product roadmaps and business strategies
- Attract, hire, and continuously grow top engineering talent
- Collaborate with a geographically dispersed team and stakeholders
- Build and foster a high-performance culture
- Work with Autodesk's engineering teams to ensure applications and services are highly available and reliable
- Perform code reviews, evaluate implementations, and provide feedback for tool improvements
- Engage in technical and architectural discussions and decision-making
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand requirements, understand use cases, and build toward a cohesive technical strategy
- Automate processes where possible and propose new tools when needed
- Cross-train and mentor teammates
- Strong understanding of designing and developing large-scale, distributed microservices architecture and platforms
- Minimum qualifications include 10+ years of relevant industry experience, 5+ years of hands-on technical leadership, and 5+ years of people management experience
- Experience working with remote teams and other cross-functional stakeholders
- Strong development background in one or more coding languages
- Experience with Scrum and AGILE development processes and methodologies
- 4+ years of production experience in large-scale cloud-based Infrastructure (AWS preferred)
- Experience with cloud-native applications (such as Google Cloud, AWS, etc)
- Customer-facing and service-oriented person
- Understanding of DevOps best practices, architectures, and methods
- Experience with Apigee API Management platform
- Experience in consuming, designing, and implementing REST APIs
- Experience building apps on AWS using services such as Step functions, DynamoDB, IAM, EC2, CloudWatch and Lambda
- Previous experience in roles related to SRE, DevOps, system administration, infrastructure engineering, or software development
- Experience in designing, building, and maintaining scalable and reliable systems
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive compensation package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on discretionary annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock or long-term incentive cash grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversity & Belonging
We take pride in cultivating a culture of belonging and an equitable workplace where everyone can thrive. Learn more here: https://www.autodesk.com/company/diversity-and-belonging
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk?
Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site).