Software QA Automation Engineer
Job Requisition ID #
We're looking for an accomplished Software Test Automation Engineer who will work as part of a cross functional agile team. Do you have a passion for working with high quality software solutions? Are you adept at using software development tools for assessing and maintaining the quality of software your team delivers? If so, we invite you to join the Autodesk Building Design team, the makers of Autodesk Revit. We are focused on building high-quality scalable cloud services for MEP fabrication content management. To learn more about our service visit our blog post.
Your role will be to own and drive initiatives related to improving quality, stability, reliability, and usability of software deliverables. You will accomplish this by leveraging your quality assurance mindset combined with your technical skills for test automation. You will use tools and procedures for validating quality of cloud services that your team deploys, and the desktop changes they ship to our customers. You will be creating and executing test plans and analyzing test results with the objective of finding defects during the software development process. You will liaise with the larger Building QA organization and product support teams to partner in the success of customers using our software.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Engineering.
The team will work in a Hybrid working environment based at our Krakow office.
- Evaluate (commercial, open-source or proprietary) testing tools and test frameworks which can be leveraged within a project
- Create and execute plans at the product or code level to test new and existing features automatically and manually
- Provide functional, performance, security, load, install, globalization/localization, scalability and resiliency testing as applicable
- Encourage practices that drive engineering excellence and focus on quality first mindset
- Collaborate with other technical staff on the implementation, deployment, and maintenance of the Automation Testing within Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment pipelines
- Work with customers to support production services in an on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for service incidents.
- Document, manage, and prioritize defects
- Monitor, analyze, and present automated and manually gathered test results and metrics
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of automation testing experience with web applications and desktop products
- Knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, mock data/services, creating test cases, debugging and testing
- Experience working with one or more testing tools, such as Cypress, TestComplete, JMeter, Postman, etc.
- Comfortable working in Linux and Windows environment
- Experience with containerized environment like Docker
- Understanding of CI/CD Tools like Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with load testing
- Experience with fiddler
- Experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive compensation package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on discretionary annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock or long-term incentive cash grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversity & Belonging
We take pride in cultivating a culture of belonging and an equitable workplace where everyone can thrive. Learn more here: https://www.autodesk.com/company/diversity-and-belonging
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk?
Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site).