Principal Software Engineer - Fullstack
Job Requisition ID #
The Autodesk Building Design team, the makers of Autodesk Revit is looking for a highly motivated and experienced person who will work as part of a cross-functional agile team. As a Full Stack Principal Software Engineer you will be building high-quality scalable cloud services for MEP fabrication content management, and you will have a direct impact on the MEP fabrication modeling workflows in Revit. To learn more about our service visit our blog post.
Your responsibilities will range across the stack as you work with the product owner, experience designer, and other engineers to develop and maintain this new secure, scalable, available, and performant service. As a Principal Engineer, you will be involved in the system design of the service, evaluate implementations, and code reviews.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Engineering.
The team will work in a Hybrid working environment based at our Krakow office.
- Design and develop new capabilities end to end and improve existing code.
- Contribute to software design and architecture by leveraging cloud design patterns and injecting your cloud expertise into the entire development lifecycle.
- Focus on quality, including writing unit/integration tests.
- Contribute to processes and deliverables improvements that increase the team's effectiveness and efficiency in responding to customer and business needs.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on tools, services, and standards to use for engineering efforts.
- Document and present your ideas and solutions accurately and thoroughly.
- Coordinate change deployment and release testing effort.
- Work with customers to support production services in an on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for service incidents.
- Engage with stakeholders and participate in agile team meetings
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience building large-scale web applications based on AWS using services such as ECS, S3, Lambda, etc.
- Fluent with web technology stacks, JS frameworks (React, Angular, Node.js), and TypeScript
- Experience in at least one Object Oriented programming language e.g. C#, Java, C++
- Experience creating secure and scalable web services with a solid understanding of the foundational communication protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, and Web Sockets.
- Experience with CI/CD concepts and working with a deployment pipeline.
- Experience with basic network infrastructure and components (load balancing, NAT, scaling, etc.).
- Comfortable with working in Linux and Windows environments
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, PowerShell, etc.
- Experience with microservices and working with Docker containers
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience with cross-platform desktop application frameworks like Electron
- Experience working with Unit and End to End testing frameworks e.g. Jest, Cypress, XUnit
- Experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive compensation package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on discretionary annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock or long-term incentive cash grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversity & Belonging
We take pride in cultivating a culture of belonging and an equitable workplace where everyone can thrive. Learn more here: https://www.autodesk.com/company/diversity-and-belonging
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk?
Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site).