Senior User Experience Designer - UX
Job Requisition ID #
As a Senior User Experience Designer at Autodesk you are a systems thinker, a person confident in their design point of view, a considerate collaborator, a customer advocate, and somebody who is willing and excited to take initiative. You will use creative problem-solving skills and knowledge in user experience best practices to facilitate the team to think beyond the expected and deliver high-quality experiences our customers will love.
You will work as part of cross-disciplinary agile teams building capabilities to enable Engineers to solve some of the most complex problems of the world by helping them design, analyze, model, fabricate, and eventually build the structural systems that support roads and highways, rail, bridges and tunnels, and water systems of the future. You will focus on designing workflows and interactions and rely on frequent interaction with our users to understand how they are working and how they feel about our in-progress solutions.
You will report to the Manager of Experience Design.
This team works in a Hybrid working model based from our office in Bucharest, Romania.
The Building and Infrastructure Design Experience and Analytics team is a worldwide design team supporting capabilities and software with more than 2 million monthly active users. Our tools and services are critical to our customers day-to-day work, their effectiveness, and their business goals. Our design team members work to make sure we deeply understand our customers' needs and workflows to create experiences that drive business by helping customers achieve their goals.
How You'll Spend Your Days
- Design workflows, interactions, and interfaces with varying levels of fidelity to communicate with peers and stakeholders.
- Leading and participating in customer interaction in many forms, from interviews to sprint demos to usability testing.
- Use customer insights that come from analytics and customer interactions to help inform business and design decisions.
- Work with and participating in scrum team processes, working iteratively to deliver customer value.
- Maintain familiarity with Revit and other Autodesk products to ensure compatibility with features shared across our product family.
- Work with a team of peer designers to help expand the positive impact of the experience design discipline at the team and company levels.
- 5 years of experience doing UX/XD, HCI, or interaction design.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with development teams and product managers to deliver usable and desired value to customers.
- Demonstrated examples in leading cross-functional teams in problem definition and analysis, understanding customer workflows, and creating prototypes and designs that solve customer problems.
- Experience in designing solutions requiring data visualization skills.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, and set priorities with direction and/or feedback from stakeholders and teammates.
- Experience with design support tools such as Figma, Sketch, Mural, Miro, Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision, Balsamiq, or similar.
- Demonstrated ability in using customer research and feedback as the basis for design decisions.
- Bachelor's degree or above in interaction design or a related field.
- Previous experience designing for complex creative applications, 3D tools, animation and/or visualization tools.
- Knowledge of creating cloud-based service experiences, including resiliency best practices.
- Knowledge of Architecture, Construction, and/or Engineering workflows, particularly those related to sustainability.
- Experience with Agile/Lean software design and development practices.
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive compensation package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on discretionary annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock or long-term incentive cash grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversity & Belonging
We take pride in cultivating a culture of belonging and an equitable workplace where everyone can thrive. Learn more here: https://www.autodesk.com/company/diversity-and-belonging
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk?
Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site).