Software Development Engineer in Test(Pytest , Python)
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join the Data Ingestion team within the Analytics Data organization. You will work with the Enterprise Data Integration (EDI) team, a collection of systems and integrations focused on servicing the enterprise data needs of all data scientists, data analysts and data engineers throughout the organization.
As an SDET, you will design end-to-end test frameworks to test the infrastructure and systems for the data ingestion pipelines developed over Data mesh principals. You will help develop strategies, tools, processes, and frameworks to test individual components, as well as their integration points throughout the platform. You will report into Engineering Manager. We will support hybrid workmode and position will be based in Bangalore location.
· Creatively design and develop innovative strategies, tools, processes, and frameworks to test our components, as well as their integration points throughout the platform
· Understand and report test results that our team can use to ensure the quality of the platform. Improving the efficiency, reliability, and stability of the platform
· Collaborate with other engineers, providing testing insights and coming up with solutions to improve and ensure the quality of our platform
· Configure and deploy server test environments on physical hardware and cloud-based server instances
· Oversee the test strategy of data platform to ensure the quality of products
· Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred in Computer Science /Information Systems/Engineering/related field
· At least 2-4 years’ experience working in Quality Assurance or Development of complex systems
· Solid proficiency in building test frameworks using Python ( Pytest) and/or Bash
· Solid proficiency in deploying, troubleshooting and working in Linux server environments
· Knowledge of AWS cloud services
· Solid proficiency in integrating and automating with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Hudson
· Commit to growing deeper in the knowledge of how to improve the quality of our platform
· Familiar with Test Automation development
· Familiar with non-functional testing such as load, performance and resiliency testing
· QA Experience with ‘Big Data’ technologies/tools such as Hadoop, Spark and BI/MIS systems
· Good understanding of data architecture principles
· Proficiency in writing SQL queries
· Proficient in orchestration tools like Airflow
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive compensation package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on discretionary annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock or long-term incentive cash grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversity & Belonging
We take pride in cultivating a culture of belonging and an equitable workplace where everyone can thrive. Learn more here: https://www.autodesk.com/company/diversity-and-belonging
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk?
Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site).