Senior Software Engineer - Computer Graphics
Job Requisition ID #
Are you looking to be at the forefront of innovative new technology that will ultimately help people imagine, design, and make a better world? The Visualisation Team at Autodesk is seeking a Software Engineer with interest in graphics, SaaS and data visualization and a passion for building the next generation web visualization platform for design and make data. You will report to the team's Software Engineering Manager, and will closely work with the software developers building the cloud platform and collaborate with domain experts from various products across the company.
Working in a Hybrid working model, this position will be based in either Autodesk's Potsdam or Bonn office.
- Making a significant contribution to the design, architecture and implementation of the next-generation web graphics platform meant for 2D/3D rendering applications
- Adding new capabilities to the 2D/3D web visualization component
- Collaborating with internal teams, external partners and contribute to graphics open-source initiatives
- Writing functional requirement documents and developer user guides
- Understand, embrace and promote agile methodologies, principles and values within the team
- Writing and maintaining the code following engineering best practices (Testing, Secure coding practices, CI/CD)
- Passionate about solving graphics or performance related problems,
- Experience with computer graphics (WebGL/OpenGL/other)
- Excellent understanding of Design Patterns and Object-Oriented development
- A knack for system design
- Excellent oral and written communication with cross-functional stakeholders and teammates
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience developing 3D web/desktop graphics applications
- Knowledge of open standards such as USD, MaterialX, glTF etc.
- Experience in designing, delivering, and maintaining a public SDK, API or RESTful service
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Prior contributions to open-source projects in the graphics domain
- Experienced in cross platform development on desktop and mobile
- Experience using WebAssembly
Don't worry if you do not tick all the boxes on our list, we would love to hear from you!
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive compensation package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on discretionary annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock or long-term incentive cash grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversity & Belonging
We take pride in cultivating a culture of belonging and an equitable workplace where everyone can thrive. Learn more here: https://www.autodesk.com/company/diversity-and-belonging
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk?
Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site).