Senior Software Test Engineer
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK) makes software for people who make things. We are a global leader in design and make software for architecture, engineering, construction, manufacturing, and media and entertainment industries. If you’ve ever driven a high-performance car, admired a towering skyscraper, used a smartphone, or watched a great film, chances are you’ve experienced what millions of Autodesk customers have built with our software. At Autodesk, we exist to turn ideas into new realities that shape a thriving future. Our software and services harness emerging technologies—such as additive manufacturing (3D printing), artificial intelligence, generative design, and robotics—that give companies and individuals the power to work more quickly, effectively, and sustainably throughout the entire project lifecycle.
Fusion 360 is the first 3D CAD, CAM, CAE, and PCB tool of its kind, unifying design, engineering, electronics, and manufacturing to connect your entire product development process into one cloud-based platform.
We are looking for talents from Computer/Software Engineering background to join Fusion 360 Manufacturing Data Model (MFGDM) team in Pune. MFGDM is the foundation of Manufacturing Cloud and core to Data Framework for Autodesk Cloud Flagship Product - Fusion 360. Our objective is to build Product Information Model (PIM) to enable concurrency, integration, automation and collaboration throughout the entire product lifecycle, and hence to empower customers to design and make better products faster.
MFGDM is a global team cross Pune, Shanghai and other geos, we own to drive, lead and implement key MFGDM projects to fulfill product vision. Team’s responsibilities span from planning, architecture, solutioning, execution and deployment. In addition, we are also responsible for some other core data services for data management and process management in Fusion 360. Now, we are an autonomic, T-shape, and energetic group. We are expanding to directly contribute to company data strategy and win the race to the next gen Design & Manufacturing Platform. If you are passionate at Cloud technologies, Data and Platform, and services development, this position will be a perfect landing for you!
- Work within a scrum team with about 6-7 engineers
- Co-work with the scrum team members located in Shanghai and Pune to accomplish customer/project requirements. Closely collaborate with other scrum teams located in Shanghai, Pune or other sites around the world
- Work with PO, Arch and tech leads to build and align acceptance criteria of high-quality deliveries in our projects/services from the beginning of development cycle
- Build test strategy, apply right test methodologies and do effective hands-on testing to achieve project deliveries on time
- Can identify gaps and risks throughout development cycle from quality perspective, leverage analytics to quantify the gaps/risks and come up with solutions to address the gaps/risks
- Deeply understand the values of our projects, can connect the purpose of testing to what values we need deliver, and align with scrum teams
- Communicate with stakeholders and teams about test strategies, test planning, status and risks. Communicate with 2nd/3rd party’s users to understand issues/concerns and iterate test planning
- Understand and enhance the existing automation framework and tools
- Can consistently demonstrate the sense of engineering excellence and lead or contribute to make positive impact to teams’ deliveries with high quality. E.g. remove the gap in automation framework, build tool to monitor services health, leverage data analysis in risk/gap assessment, optimize operating process
- Currently enrolled in bachelor’s or master’s degree in the field of Technology and/or Science
- 5+ years of software development/automation development/testing experience in commercialized products or big-scale systems (prefer in Cloud Services)
- Experience in automation tests (unit test, contract test, integration test, end-to-end test, performance test)
- Solid familiarity with QA methodologies
- Experience with Jira, Jenkins and Git
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Good communication skills
- Willing to take challenges and stretch comfortable zone to grow
- Fast learner and good team player
- Embrace changes and can work under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Project experience in Cloud services or Web development and testing
- Solid experience in Web automation tools/testing framework
- Familiar with AWS services
- Test developer lead experience is highly preferred
- Good C++/Java skill is a strong plus
- Data analytics experience is a plus
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive compensation package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on discretionary annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock or long-term incentive cash grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversity & Belonging
We take pride in cultivating a culture of belonging and an equitable workplace where everyone can thrive. Learn more here: https://www.autodesk.com/company/diversity-and-belonging
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk?
Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site).