Principal Software Engineer
Job Requisition ID #
Do you want the opportunity to be part of a startup environment and have a big impact on a new product seeking to become a world leading integration platform? Are you looking to be at the forefront of new technology to help people imagine, design, and make a better world? If so, come join the Tandem Connect team at Autodesk! Working with the Tandem team, our mission is to create integration technology and solutions to transform how buildings are designed, built, and operated.
We are seeking a creative Principal Software Engineer who has experience building modern cloud services to join our team today. You will report to Software Architect. This is a hybrid position based in Brisbane.
- Involved with all aspects of software development, such as design, implementation, and maintenance, working to create the most reliable, secure, performant and high throughput service for our customers by building cutting-edge cloud and edge technologies
- Partner with product managers, product owners, software architects and other stakeholders to iteratively turn high-level requirements into product enhancements that are delivered to customers incrementally
- Drive performant and scalable solutions to completion on time
- Contribute to software design and architecture by using design patterns and injecting your expertise into the entire development lifecycle, writing documentation
- Contribute to improvements in processes and technical methodologies that increase the efficiency of the team in responding to customer and business needs
- Provide technical guidance and constructive feedback to leadership, team members and other partners, which includes writing, reading, and reviewing code and designs, and participating in the various technical feedback loops
- BS in computer science, related technology field, or equivalent experience
- You have 10 years of hands-on experience with applications, containerised microservices and high traffic customer-facing enterprise solutions
- In-depth understanding of the entire software development lifecycle
- REST API development experience, and understanding of the API client development point of view
- Experience in building, deploying, and orchestration of containerized workloads
- Familiarity with DevOps and DevSecOps
- Experience with GIT or equivalent version control system, and source code management
- Written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience with CI/CD and building deployment pipelines using tools like Jenkins
- Experience with Agile development practices such as Scrum or Kanban
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience
- Experience in running Kubernetes-based workloads that scale
- Experience with integration-Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) offerings
- Web development experience with Angular or similar frameworks
The Ideal Candidate
- You are a multi-tasked, modern software developer. You have expertise in integration, containerized microservices and APIs. Code, design patterns, tools and best practices are your daily business
- You are keen to work with latest tools available. You often find yourself ideating about new and improved ways of doing things and are ok to share your ideas with the engineering team
- You get work done together. You easily build collaborative relationships with colleagues. You enjoy working with distributed team members and recognize the value of putting in work that accelerates the team's velocity and coherence
- You can succeed and reach the highest standards in an Agile environment with changing priorities
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive compensation package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on discretionary annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock or long-term incentive cash grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversity & Belonging
We take pride in cultivating a culture of belonging and an equitable workplace where everyone can thrive. Learn more here: https://www.autodesk.com/company/diversity-and-belonging
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk?
Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site).