Senior User Experience Designer - UX
Job Requisition ID #
Are you a UX designer with a passion for creating beautiful, innovative solutions for important, impactful problems? Do you want to grow your career in a global team of passionate design professionals?
In this role, you will apply and grow your experience design and research skills as you help us craft the next generation of Manufacturing functionality within the Autodesk Fusion 360 product. You will work closely with a team of UX designers, along with stakeholders from Product Management, Software Engineering, Software Architecture, Content Development, and Quality Assurance, to create compelling design artefacts (from low-fidelity mockups to pixel perfect design specs) that help our customers solve their most critical "design and make" problems. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Experience Design, your role will be about helping us create solutions that follow the UX strategy to both delight the customer and meet business objectives and deadlines. You will relish the opportunity to jump into a highly visible work stream that drives significant impact.
At Autodesk, you'll work on some of the most intriguing challenges you have ever seen, you'll have a dynamic, collaborative workplace, you'll be surrounded by smart, engaged people, you'll travel, you'll brainstorm, and you'll have opportunities to participate in Autodesk international events, customer events and more. If this sounds like your thing, read on!
This team works in a Hybrid working model based from our offices in Birmingham.
- Support the definition of the strategic direction of projects and features from a customer experience perspective.
- Deliver all digital assets, including Figma prototypes
- Maintain active contact with customers and prepare design assets that you will use when you participate in customer research and data analysis. Assist with translating this data into the design of new capabilities and/or features.
- Distill customer needs into a set of capabilities that will benefit the customer in the most effective way.
- Integrate business goals, market needs, design opportunities alongside technical constraints into desirable product designs.
- Design and evaluate alternative solutions to choose the best approach. Visualize and prototype an intended solution. Meet and collaborate with customers and internal partners to validate conceptual designs.
- Deliver design documentation for use by a wide range of internal stakeholders.
- Ensure that concrete benefits of customer-centred design are measured, documented and communicated.
- Participate in design review sessions with other user experience designers, give and receive constructive feedback that will help you develop your design abilities
- 5 years relevant commercial UX experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Current portfolio of commercial UX project work - CVs submitted without a portfolio will not be considered
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive compensation package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on discretionary annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock or long-term incentive cash grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversity & Belonging
We take pride in cultivating a culture of belonging and an equitable workplace where everyone can thrive. Learn more here: https://www.autodesk.com/company/diversity-and-belonging
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk?
Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site).