Principal Software Engineer, Cloud Services
Job Requisition ID #
The Autodesk Building team is seeking an accomplished and individual to develop cloud applications in the Building Information Modeling industry, working closely with Revit feature team that is responsible for cloud-enabled Revit Worksharing.
Based in Bucharest, you will be reporting to a Senior Manager.
If you are a software developer proficient in working on cloud applications and enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced team with innovative technologies, we would love to hear from you!
Autodesk recently moved to a flexible subscription based offering for our software. This has accelerated Autodesk's move to the cloud, and our adoption of AWS as the platform of choice. Our engineers have full access to AWS resources and lots of opportunities to develop skills and techniques needed to design, build, test, deploy, monitor and support software for the cloud.
- Involve yourself in all aspects of software development, working to create and maintain a secure, scalable, available, and performant service for our customers using cloud technologies
- Collaborate closely with product managers, product owners, software architects, and other stakeholders to iteratively transform high-level requirements into product enhancements, delivering them incrementally and continually to customers
- Participate actively in software design and architecture, leveraging cloud design patterns and applying cloud expertise throughout the entire development lifecycle
- Contribute to process and deliverable improvements that enhance the team's effectiveness and efficiency in responding to customer and business needs
- Conduct research and provide recommendations on tools, services, and standards for engineering efforts
- Coordinate change deployment and release testing efforts
- Cross-train teammates and learn from the experience of other senior team members
- Support production services in an on-call rotation and serve as an escalation contact for service incidents
- Be a member of an agile product team comprised of experienced and dedicated engineers building world-class cloud software applications and services
- Collaborate within a global team and engage with local and remote colleagues from various disciplines, such as business, engineering, operations, support, etc.
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- Strong experience with C# development
- Understanding of typical web application architecture (data, application, web tiers etc.)
- Experience with REST API development in a Service Oriented Architecture (microservices architecture)
- Experience building apps on AWS using services such as S3, DynamoDB, IAM, EC2, and Lambda etc.
- Knowledge of security best practices for a modern cloud service
- Knowledge of CI/CD concepts and building or using a deployment pipeline such as Jenkins
- Bachelor of Science or higher degree in computer science or equivalent
- Knowledge of network infrastructure and components (load balancing, NAT, scaling, etc.)
- Experience with scripting languages such as Groovy, Python, Node.js, or Bash
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience using Docker to build containerised applications
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive compensation package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on discretionary annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock or long-term incentive cash grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversity & Belonging
We take pride in cultivating a culture of belonging and an equitable workplace where everyone can thrive. Learn more here: https://www.autodesk.com/company/diversity-and-belonging
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk?
Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site).