Senior Data Engineer
Job Requisition ID #
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our growing data insights team. The new hire will expand and optimize our data and data pipeline architecture and optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. You are an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support software developers, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
You will report to Sr. Manager, Data and this is a hybrid position in Bengaluru.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS 'big data' technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into employee experience, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support associated data infrastructure needs.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Keep up to date with the latest and greatest in feature-sets and capabilities from public cloud providers (such as AWS and Azure) and find ways to apply them back help their team
- Work with data scientists and analysts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python and Scala
- Experience with big data tools such as PySpark
- Experience with relational SQL databases
- Experience with AWS cloud services used often for data engineering including S3, EC2, Glue, Lambda, RDS, or Redshift
- Experience working with APIs to pull and push data.
- Advanced working SQL experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) and working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience working with AWS CloudFormation templates is a plus
- Experience working with NoSQL databases, including Postgres and AWS DynamoDB is a plus
- Familiarity with Agile and SCRUM methodologies is a plus
- Experience working with PowerBI to develop dashboards is a plus
- Analytical skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- A successful history of processing value from large, disconnected datasets.
- Experience working with agile, globally distributed teams
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive compensation package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on discretionary annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock or long-term incentive cash grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversity & Belonging
We take pride in cultivating a culture of belonging and an equitable workplace where everyone can thrive. Learn more here: https://www.autodesk.com/company/diversity-and-belonging
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk?
Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site).